Escape From Isla Nublar

The sun was fully up now. From a distance we could still see the docks, we wanted to be absolutely sure that it was safe to dock again. But the amount of time we've been waiting was killing us. Kenji and I were in the bridge, looking at the dock and the smashed controls, we had everything we needed to go home, but we were still missing two companions. Kenji's hands flew to his head. "Aw man. I left my captain's hat in the limo".

"Uh, Kenji?" Yasmina said as she walked in. "I think we have slightly bigger problems".

"I know, I know," he said. "We're heading back to the dock. Hopefully, the Scorpios has cleared out by now". With that, he set the boat in motion and we slowly began drifting back to the dock.

The dock looked painfully empty, we had gotten so use to the occasional Bumpy roar or the chatter of our group that now that we hear completely silent with just the gentle wash of the waves, it felt foreboding. Kenji turned off the boats engine and we all walked off back onto the pier. I tied the boat to an anchor and joined the others as they walked back onto the island. We walked up the steps and peeked over the top, looking for any sign of the Scorpios.

A spiked tail flew at us out of nowhere, we all screamed and too two running steps back to the boat before realising that it was actually a Stegosaurus. It roared at us, as if offended and then lumbered away slowly. We all breathed a sigh of relief, if that dinosaur was around, the the Scorpios must be long gone.

"No Scorpios," Brooklynn said.

"Yet," Yasmina added.

Sammy walked to the top and looked around. "Oh my gosh, guys!" She cried, she started running towards something. All of us except for Kenji ran to keep up with her.

"What is it?" Kenji said while covering his face and staying hidden behind the stairs. "Describe it with words".

"Oh, just walk over hear Kenji!"

"Ugh".

We all saw what Sammy had spotted. The limo that we had taken from Kenji's penthouse was smashed and destroyed, it's back end was up against a tree in an awkward position.

"Oh no. Darius and Ben," Brooklynn said worried. I opened the drivers door and peeked inside. there was nothing of value, there was no sign of where Darius and Ben had gone. Kenji peeked over my shoulder and looked in as well, clearly looking for his hat.

Sammy gasped and pointed at the floor. "They got away. Look!" We looked and saw two pairs of footprints leading away from the dock and back into the jungle.

"Why would they go back into the jungle?" I asked.

"Maybe they were forced to," Brooklynn said.

"Which means, they could still be in danger," I said. "Well then I guess we're going in after them. We aren't out of this until we all on the boat and sailing away from the island. Come on". I started running and the others followed me. The roar of the Scorpios echoed through the jungle.

We continued to follow their trail, we would occasionally lose them, but quickly find them again... or I would. When we did lose them, we had no idea where to go next. But for some reason, I was always the one who had found their trail again.

We had just lost them for the third time, and so we spread out and began looking again. I walked over to a log and checked the area near it, inspecting leaves and grass and mud all around me. it wasn't long before I had found what I was looking for. "Here!" I called. The others quickly gathered around and me and looked to where I was pointing. "Look at the depression in the grass, he print size is similar to Darius' shoes size, I think".

Everyone was looking to me and then the ground. "I don't see anything, it just looks regular old grass to me," Sammy said.

"Yeah, I'm not seeing it either," Yasmina said. "Max are you sure?"