With the horrid smell racing up her senses, Jinhua scrunched up her nose in disgust, "Dark Sorcery... I should've known...!" She hissed out in annoyance as she snapped her fingers.

The corpses all lit up in flames as they slowly disappeared from her sights.

Dusting off the specks of blood and dust, Jinhua made sure to check on the relic and saw the regular illuminating glow from her bag.

'Chen....'

Jinhua's body froze at the name, her ears peeking up at the call.

'Where are you, Chen....?'

Jinhua's grip on her sword tightened as she listened intently. Her eyes wavering for a moment before she looked off to the side to see a man in a traveling samurai's attire. His sword swayed on his hip gracefully as he turned his back and started walking in the other direction.

His blonde hair the only thing that seemed to strain Jinhua's senses.

She opened her mouth to say something or more of a plead but only one word came out.

"Papa...?"

Letting out a gasp as she was about to lose sight of him, she made a dash for it. Her hand reaching out to grab his own but she fazed through and landed on some sort of marble.

"Ah-! Jinhua! Your back from your mission!" Another voice made her stiffen.

She looked up to meet the Goddess Guan Yon sitting in her garden with a adoring smile gracing her features.

"Mom..? But just seconds ago I was traveling through the jungle... How am I here..?" Jinhua pressed a hand to her temple as she felt something flutter in the corner of her eye.

Trailing down to see what it was, it happened to be the ribbon she received from Ren before she departed.

GuanYin stepped forward and brought a hand gently on her back to guide her forward, "Don't worry...! I helped speed up the process and used my ability to teleport you from the mortal realm."

Jinhua looked at her mother confused, "But wouldn't that be wasteful to use such abilities...?"

GuanYin chuckled, "My you really are becoming a bit too strict.. Maybe my teachings are making you a bit paranoid. You should relax sometime." She then lit up as an idea crossed her mind, "How about a break from your duties?"

Jinhua felt herself do a double take, "Wha-! A break!?"

GuanYin looked at her rather surprised by her reaction, "Why yes, I think it's about time since you've been stuck in that temple for 200 years."

Jinhua looked down lost in thought at the strange offer, "But what about the relic?? Who will protect it!?"

GuanYin just chuckled, "I'll protect it while you have your break. Maybe you should go and join that group heading over to the West. You know, with those two monkey friends of yours..?"

Jinhua whipped her head up with furrowed brows, "I-... This is just too sudden... And besides, I'm not sure they even need me there to distract them. And..."

"And...?"

"I..." Jinhua but her bottom lip at the thought of the argument, "I'm sure one of them doesn't even want to talk to me after the whole blow up I had..." She chuckled weakly.

"You had a fight with one of the monkey friends...?" GuanYin questioned.

"Yeah, I'm sure they won't be missing me anytime soon..." Jinhua muttered with a downcast look.