1

Faint sunlight was penetrating into the shaded room. It illuminated black walls, a large mahogany bed and a large leather suitcase. The rest was in the darkness.

An eleven years old girl was sitting on the bed and looking out of the window, where her brothers were playing.

"As children" she thought and grinned.

Fabian and Gideon Prewettes were Diane Prewett's elder brothers. Although they were thirteen, they behaved like five-year-olds. Molly always yelled at them and said, "You'll never be anything but clowns!" Diane really didn't like her sister. Molly was very kind, caring and happy. Yeah, very happy. She was getting on Diane's nerves with her large smile. It was so annoying. And sometimes she was too serious. It was annoying too.

Fabian and Gideon Prewettes were nothing like Molly. They were funny and noisy. Mister and missis Prewett had already got thousands of letters from teachers during these two years of their education at Hogwarts. Diane loved them very much and dreamed of becoming like them.

"You will never be like them." Molly said once.

"Why not?"

"Because our parents are waiting for great achievements from you!"

Diane's parents really treated her differently than her brothers and sister. They were buying far more for her, than they bought for their older children. They were waiting for her going to Gryffindor and becoming a great witch. Only and only Gryffindor, they said.

Diane didn't know the reason of such treatment. Of course, she was grateful, but why? She didn't deserve all this. Yes, she was different from the twins and Molly. While they were red-haired and with freckles, she was brown-haired and with pale skin. While they were outgoing and smiling, she was shy and secretive. While they all were Gryffindors, she wanted to be a...

"Diane, darling, is your suitcase ready?"

Diane, flinching, turned around. Stella Prewett was standing at the door.

"Yes, mom."

"Is my little bee ready to go to Hogwarts tomorrow?" mother asked, coming inside the room.

"Mo-o-om, I told you not to call me that!"

"Alright. Is "bear cub" better?"

"Mom!"

Stella laughed.

"Worried?" she asked, sitting down next to Diane.

"Maybe a little bit."

"I was too. Many years ago. But everything will be okay. You will see."

"I believe you."

"Fine. Now get down to the kitchen. We're going to have dinner." Stella kissed Diane, got up and walked out of the room.

A few minutes later Diane got to the kitchen. Stella, Andrew, Gideon, Fabian and Molly Prewettes were already having dinner.

"Sit down, little bee. Sorry. Darling. It's your favourite. Lemon pie."

"Thanks, mom." Diane answered and sat next to Andrew.

"Someday I'm going to cook it for my children, mom" said Molly with her mouth full.

Stella smiled.

"Are you ready for your first day at Hogwarts, Diane?" Andrew asked. He never called Diane as "little bee" or "bear cub". It was always "Diane".

"She is a bit worried, Andrew" mum said strictly, noticing, that Diane doesn't want to answer. And she really didn't. Sometimes it was getting on her nerves, when relatives were trying to understand what she feels, what she wants or what she I waiting for. Whatever.

***

That was a rainy evening. Diane liked rain. She went to her room, turned off the light, sat down on the windowsill and began to stare at the rain.

Soon she fell asleep.