10

Diane was sitting in the Library. After that incident she was trying not to catch the eye of the Marauders (as they started calling themselves). So every time she heard their loud voices and laughter, she ran away to the Library. This time was no exception.

Suddenly someone coughed. Diane looked up and saw Lily Evans with Severus Snape.

"Diane" Lily started "Can we?..." she pointed at the chairs in front of Diane.

Diane didn't want to say yes. She liked Lily. Evans was funny and kind to everybody, except of Potter. But Snape... He was mean. Diane saw the evil in his eyes.

"Yes" she said. And they sat down.

"Herbology is so hard, isn't it?" Lily asked.

"Um...Didn't noticed that. I think Potions are harder."

"Potions? Do you have any problems with Potions? Maybe I could teach you something, because I'm good at it. Of course, I don't want to praise myself, but it's true. If there's any topic that is-"

"Lily!" Diane stopped Lily. She couldn't stand when somebody was talking so fast "Thanks, but... I think that I will do it myself."

"Oh. Okay, then" It was obvious that she was embarrassed. Diane felt guilty "Then I'll go find the books about the additional information about the potions." Lily got up and literally ran away "to find the books about the addit...". What did she say?

"And how does she say such long words?" chuckled Diana.

"She was just trying to help." Snape hissed.

"And I just refused help." Diana shrugged.

"You know sometimes i think that you can't be in our house as you are just... pathetic for Slytherin. But sometimes i think that you are the meanest person i've ever seen."

Diane was silent for a second. In the corners of her eyes began to gather tears. No, she couldn't start crying, not in front of Snape.

"And sometimes I think" her voice trembled "that you are the most miserable and evil person I have ever met in my life, that humiliate others and can't even stand for his the only friend!" her tears flowed "But sometimes I think... No, wait, I always think about you that!"

She wiped her tears and ran out of the Library. She's gonna go, lock herself in the bathroom, cry a little, and then it'll all go away... But it was not there. She didn't know this day was gonna be crucial in her life when she suddenly hit someone.