21

Diane was sitting in her room staring out the window.

After the shocking news, the parents sent the children to their rooms forbidding them to write to anyone. There were voices coming from Molly's room, and Diane knew the twins were in her room. She was not surprised that they did not invite her. It was already normal. These three always had a lot in common. They even looked funny. All red and freckled.

She jumped off the windowsill and looked out into the hallway. Because of the laughter and whispering of siblings it was impossible to hear the conversation of parents.

Diane got down on all fours and crawled to her parents' room. Luckily, the door was only half closed.

"You can't blame it on her! She's a child!" Stella cried. Diane wanted to kill Andrew right there for making her mom cry.

"He came for her, Stella, don't you understand?! Otherwise why would he attack the Diagon Alley?!" Andrew shouted at wife.

"I'll protect her..." Stella whispered like she was telling a secret.

"I won't let you sacrifice yourself for her!".

"She's our child, Andrew!".

"Diane. Is. Not. My. Daughter".

The last words were like a bunch of knives crashing into Diana's mind. She got up and looked sadly at her parents.

"Oh my God, Diane..." Stella tried to hug her but Diane wouldn't let her.

"Who are you?".

"Diane...".

"Or should I ask who I am?!".