8

It was a winter day. There was a lesson of history of magic. Most of the class was sleeping.

Diana was sitting next to James Potter and his friends. Severus and Lily were sitting at the other end of the class. Diana noticed, that Severus was occasionally pointing at them and probably saying gross stuff about James.

Potter was drawing something in his textbook. Black was looking at his masterpieces with delight. Lupin was listening to the teacher. Pettigrew was sleeping. And why did Diana get put here?! Although who cares where she sits? Everywhere is bad.

Professor Binns was talking about a war between wizards and centaurs. Diane was looking straight at him, but wasn't really listening.

Suddenly the professor coughed.

Diane looked up at him. He was looking angrily at Potter and Black, whispering about something "really interesting".

She poked Potter with her elbow. He looked at her.

"Teacher!" she whispered.

James thought that it was an answer for some question that professor Binns asked and said: "Turtle".

Everybody laughed.

Professor Binns turned red from anger. Diane thought that it was impossible as the professor was a... ghost.

"Punishment, Potter! Seven o'clock in my cabinet!"

"Oh no, what did I do?!" Diane thought.

When the bell rang, Diane packed her things quickly and was out of the classroom before anyone else. But of course she knew her luck.

"Hey, Prewett!"

She stopped and turned back. Potter, Black, Lupin and Pettigrew were approaching. Potter came close and looked down at her.

"Speak more clearly from now on, Prewett."

Deep breath.

"Don't get distracted during class from now on, Potter."

"Don't tell me what to do!"

"Don't shout at me!"

All of a sudden Snape and Evans appeared out of nowhere.

"Out of the way, losers." Snape.

"Screw you, Snape." Diane.

"What did you say, midget?!" Snape.

"Severus!" Lily.

Snape grabbed Diana's hair.

"Let her go, you greasy bastard!" Potter. He punched Snape in the face. Diane was surprised.

"What's going on here?!" Diana heard the words she heard the first day. Professor McGonagall.

"Punishment for all of you!"