Episode 12: The Hook Up

Start from the beginning

 Step 2: Agreeing To The Date

    The next step was the hardest. We had to get them to agree to go on a double date with us. Angie shouldn’t of had much trouble with Ahmar but me on the other hand had to break down Mussy, and if I failed getting him to break last time, it seemed almost downright impossible to get him to agree to a date.

    He was perched on a branch at the back of the school, near the football pitch and close to the canteen.

“Oi, wha’s going on?” I asked him. He took a while to respond but when he did he seemed to be in a negative mood. He pulled of a large frown before saying:

“Err… Nothing.” He quickly started creating his own world where only he was but I brought him back to earth.

“Oi, you know me and Angelina are going out this Saturday, d’yu think you can come?”

“What? Me, you and your girlfriend, no thanks, that would be flipping awkward!”

“Nah, not like dat, you can come wit’ anyone… Like… Ahmar perhaps,” his facial expression changed for a second as if he was pleased to hear the news but he turned his face back into a frown.

“Maybe, but maybe we should go in separate groups cos it might be awkward if we go on a double date,” I didn’t quite understand his request but I knew it was a yes. I almost smiled but I showed a face of no bother.

“Ayt, whatever.”

The deal was done. Mustafa was coming on the date with Ahmar. I hadn’t failed. I quickly went to Angie to see her with equal good news.

“So what happened to Ahmar?” I asked. A smile was spreading across my face, so did one on Angie’s face. A smile from ear to ear.

“She agreed. She seemed proper happy when I told her that Mustafa might come!” she said looking euphoric while biting her lip which gave me the urge to kiss her.

“Guessing by the look on your face you got Mussy to agree right?” she asked. I smiled trying to look proud of myself.

“Yeah, he said he’d come along and for a split-second I think I saw him smile,”

“Nah, you’re messing with me right?”

“Nah, he did smile, cross my heart and hope to…” I was interrupted by a kiss from Angie, a kiss that took a lot of time. The only thing that got us to stop was the chattering from all the little children around us. So step two was over and step three was ready to commence.

Step 3: The Date

    March 28th 2009, The double date

    I went by to pick up Mustafa and he actually bothered to dress up well. He was wearing a blue polo shirt with white horizontal stripes and blue jeans. He also had on a pair of black and white Nike trainers on.

“You ready?” I asked him. He nodded and inhaled loudly as to agree to my question.

“Ayt, let’s go then.” He shuffled his feet towards the front entrance and we were out. We go into my car and waited for the ride to Sea Cliff.

    When we arrived. We stood at the entrance waiting for Ahmar and Angie to pop up and after a moment or two they came out of a black Toyota Land Cruiser VX. They both popped out at sort of the same time. Angie was dressed in a black bikers jacket and black skinny jeans with a white inner t-shirt and Ahmar was dressed in a white adidas shirt and blue denim jeans with a cardigan strapped around her waist. We booth stood there staring at our dates looking like complete knobs for at least a minute before Angie said:

“So… Are we gonna go in for dinner or what?” I chuckled and pulled my arm over her shoulder and kissed her on her cheek.

“Sure! Let’s go in!”

    We sat in the restaurant in silence. No one bothered to order anything. I realized Ahmar and Mussy sneaking each other looks and when Mustafa stomped on my foot I stood up and said:

“Anj, why don’t we go get a milkshake quickly?”

“Yeah, sure!” she said and she quickly stood up and walked with me towards the milkshake bar.

“So, d’you see the signs as well?” she asked me.

“What d’you mean? You mean them exchanging looks at each other?”

“Obviously! Damn, I wish I was dating someone smarter!” I gave her a un-approving look and she grinned. We got bored of ‘getting a milkshake’ and decided to go back to the restaurant. To our complete surprise, Ahmar and Mustafa were closing in on a kiss. I smiled and looked at Angie giving them a proud look. When their lips touched, I couldn’t help but gulp and swallow some saliva as my brain said ‘Uh! Disgusting’ but I shouldn’t of minded. Angie and I probably look like that all the time. So it was the end of a perfect day with a not so perfect kiss by Ahmar and Mustafa.