CH10

A week or two had past since the vacation to the beach. I received a phone call from an unknown number a few times randomly throughout the week. Every time I answered it I would just hear someone breathing on the other line. I contacted Felix and asked him if he knew anything about it but he just told me not to answer the calls.

I was walking on the sidewalk past the cat cafe and towards the library. I was in need of a new book to read and I figured I should check out what was new. I saw a suspicious looking figure a few buildings down. It seemed like they were trying to pick the lock to the entrance. The figure turned his head towards me and when our eyes met I saw that it was Minho.

"Did you lose the key?" I asked him as I eyed the sign on the door that said private property.

He rolled his eyes and put his tools into his pocket.

"I'm just glad it was you and not someone else" he said a little relieved at the situation.

"You're the one trying to pick a lock in the middle of the day on a sidewalk" I told him a little shocked that he thought he could get away with something like that. "I still have time to call the police and let them know about a petty thief trying to enter private property" I told him jokingly reaching into my bag to grab my phone.

"You wouldn't dare" he told me while reaching to take my phone from me.

"I'm just kidding. I wouldn't do that to you" I said softly a slight blush coming to my cheeks.

"Why are you over here in this area anyway?" He asked me while checking the surroundings and making sure nothing suspicious was going on.

"I was going to find a new book to read at the library" I said smiling at him.

His eyes widened at my smile and he looked away from me for a second before speaking.

"Would it be okay if I took you somewhere?" He asked me shyly.

"I don't know if I should be scared or not" I said to him as I raised my eyebrow waiting to hear where he might be wanting to take me.

"Are you allergic to animals?" He asked me as we walked down the road a little bit.

"No, I love animals. If I was allergic life would be terrible" I told him laughing a little bit at myself.

"Well, welcome to one of my favorite places" he said as he opened the doors to the cat cafe I had recently passed on my way to the library.

"Aww, I've never been in here before" I told him taking a second to look at the area and see all the decorations and most importantly the little fur balls.

"Yeah, I like to come here when I miss home or when I'm stressed out. It's my happy place" he said to me while gazing at all the little cats. A cute orange and white cat walked up to him and rubbed against his leg. Minho bent down and gave it a few little pets on his head before the cat walked off and sat down in the sun.

We sat down on one of the couches and a few of the cats walked over to us and smelt us, letting us pet them a little bit. A cute grey cat jumped onto the couch and curled itself into a ball on my lap. I stroked its back and it began to purr.

"Ohh, that is so adorable!" I said happily as I pet the cat.

"Will you take a picture! I've never held a cat before" I said to Minho who was giggling like a school girl.

"Yeah! Everyone needs a cute picture with a cat" he said grabbing his phone and kneeling in front of me so that he could get the cat and I in the same frame.

"I'll send it to you later" he said as he sat back down and then began to stroke the cats head.

I looked over at him and he was so different here than I've seen him anywhere else. He wasn't lying when he said this was his happy place. There was no stress what-so-ever on his face and he looked visibly relaxed. Another cat jumped onto the couch and plopped itself right onto his shoulder. He looked over and wrapped his arm around him giving his little kisses on his nose.