It was my turn to sigh.

"I know you're probably not used to this, you've been at the shelter the last 2 years and now all of a sudden you're getting all of this stuff. But I promise, I'm not spending more than I can afford"

Yoongi opened his mouth to speak, but closed it again, and simply nodded.

He didn't believe me. Maybe this was just going to be one of those things that took time, and that he was going to have to get used to. I decided not to push it.

"There! All done" I stood back and proudly admired our work. "Should we go and see what Jimin and Hobi have made?"

"Well I don't smell smoke so it's already going better than I expected" he didn't sound like he was joking.

Oh boy.

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the kitchen and there was minimal mess, nothing on fire, and edible looking food on the table. Maybe Yoongi was just over-exaggerating.

4 plates of sandwiches lined the bench and they looked pretty good.

"Sorry it's not a hot meal, but Yoongi said we shouldn't burn the house down on our second day here" Jimin said a bit dejectedly.

I laughed out loud at this, the way Jimin spoke made me think that perhaps Yoongi was not over-exaggerating after all.

"Sandwiches will do just fine" I assured him, and he handed me a plate that had an extra half sandwich.

Hobi noticed my confused look and answered my unspoken question.

"You didn't eat breakfast so we made you more"

I nearly melted into a puddle.

"Aww you guys, I'm meant to be taking care of you, remember?" I took the plate anyway and sat down on the table.

"How will you take care of us if you starve to death?" I laughed again at Jimin's dramatic question.

"I'll be just fine, I promise" I bit into my sandwich and gave them a thumbs up, hopefully expressing that it was tasty.

They seemed to understand my signals, and happily started eating their own food.

It seemed that our everyday routine was likely to include a movie in the evening. I had made my favourite pasta recipe for dinner, and we decided to eat it while watching a movie. The guys had once again snuggled up with each other, and were engrossed.

"Hey guys, tomorrow is Monday, so I'll be at work all day" They probably knew that I worked, but I just wanted to remind them.

"You can eat anything you want, you can use the TV, and there's games in the cupboard"

"How long do you work for?" Jimin asked with a pout.

"8:30am to 5pm. So I should be home by 5:30 most days"

His pout grew bigger, and Hobi joined in. Jimin, who was sitting closest to me, scooted over a bit closer and leaned his head on my shoulder. The fact that he initiated contact made my heart race and swell in happiness.

"Can't you work from home?" he sounded so sad.

"Aww" I cooed, and ran my hand through his hair, scratching lightly. Purring ensued. "I wish I could. Maybe I'll ask about it tomorrow"

He seemed satisfied with that answer for now and continued to lean on me while I scratched his head. I wanted to scratch a little closer to his ears, but I knew that they are sensitive. I slowly scratched my way closer and closer to the base of his ears and Jimin's purring got louder.

I noticed Hobi's longing stare and I gestured to him to come over so I could scratch his head as well. There was no room on the other side of me as I was sitting on the end of the couch, so he plopped himself on the floor in front of me, his back in between my legs.

As far as I knew, foxes didn't purr, but at least he looked very happy with the ear scratches. I felt bad that Yoongi was still sitting on the other end of the couch, not getting any attention.

"Don't worry, I'll get to you later" I said to him.

He just smiled lightly before turning his attention back to the TV. I wondered if he was still worried about what we talked about today.

"How is it?" I asked Jimin and Hobi as they got all snuggled up in their new bed.

Jimin had wrapped himself up in the blankets and looked like he was melting into the mattress. Hobi had the blanket tucked up to his chin and the most satisfied look on his face.

"It's sooooo good!" Hobi answered.

I smiled at this and felt happy at the sight in front of me. Yoongi was still standing next to the bed, just making sure his pack mates were settled and tucked in.

"Come on, you get in too" I ushered him.

He slowly lifted the corner of the blanket and slid in next to Jimin, who was now in the middle. I could tell he was trying not to get too comfortable, but his body betrayed him. His eyes could barely stay open and a quiet rumbling sound came from his chest.

Content with all of them tucked in for the night, I went to my own room to go to bed.

I hoped they would be ok tomorrow.