PAUBAYA ; BITAWAN

There's nothing like the pain of letting go. 

There's nothing like the pain of sacrificing. 

There's nothing like the pain of loving something or someone so much that in the end, all you can do is let them go—and let them be happy, even though you know you'll never be a part of their happiness.

When you love someone, you wish to be part of their happiness. 

"Screw 11:11, isn't it?" 

You want to be a part of their life. 

You dream it all; you plan it. 

You fall so deeply into the idea of being in love with them that you realize it's not going to happen; all you can do is back off. Even though your heart is holding onto the idea of them. 

You let go because your love tells you that what matters is their happiness, whether it includes you or not. 

You tell them "you're okay" and that "you're happy when they're happy."

But isn't that a lie when your heart belongs to two people?

"Isn't that a lie when your happiness matters, but theirs too?"

So, when you let go, you choose to let them live their life in joy instead—even if it means you'll be in pieces.

Letting go is beautiful because it's the most potent form of love. 

It's when you sacrifice all your dreams and leave with a shattered heart because you know that the moment you open the door to leave, someone else will walk in easily.

It hurts because life will not be gentle even if you fall in love once in a blue moon.

It'll still snatch away what you love the most. 

It'll always keep teaching you that, no matter how much you fight

"You don't always get what you want in life."

It'll keep teaching you that sometimes, the only role you'll ever play in the lives of those whom you love is the role of the person who always "let go."

That's why letting go hurts.

Because it's a half-hearted decision that you make.

It's a decision you make with a broken heart.

And sometimes, it's the only choice.