2. Luke x Reader

Imagine... you and Luke secretly maintaining a relationship, but having troubles.

You held your boyfriend's hand, unable to stay still. You were afraid to be caught with Luke Castellan.

You sat on a dock, your legs dangling over the edge.

No, you don't help him with the work Kronos has him do.

Something about Luke changed.

In the summer, he left after poisoning Percy. Now, after two months, something is off. He isn't Luke anymore.

"What?" Luke asked with raised eyebrows.

"Are you okay?" you asked, reaching for his hand.

Luke half-smiled. "(y/n), for the last time. I'm fine." With that, he brought you into a hug. His warm arms brought you comfort, reminding you that his old self wasn't completely gone.

You closed your eyes, resting your head against Luke's shoulder. "Where have you been?"

"I've been recruiting demigods," Luke shrugged. "They feel the need for vengeance." So do you.

This is wrong.
Luke knows it's wrong.
Everyone knows it's wrong.

So what? Gods are dicks. But Luke shouldn't want to destroy them. But at the same time, you want to too.

"Luke," you clung onto his shirt, inhaling his scent. "This isn't something you should encourage. Just because Hermes didn't-"

Luke roughly pushed you off of him and pointed his index finger at you. "Don't you dare lecture me about Hermes," he growled. "We agreed to continue our relationship if it was only about us- not the gods or what I'm doing. Understand?"

You wanted to break up with him, but at the same time, you couldn't. You couldn't let this tiny problem bother you. You've been together for two years... you couldn't end it that easily. You had to make it work.

You shrugged, staring at your hands. You were a little hurt by the way he treated you.

Maybe he's the one who doesn't care anymore. Perhaps he only wanted you around for sex and nothing else.

Days after he fled from Camp Half-Blood, he confronted you. He told you he didn't want it to end like this.

You agreed, making a few terms of agreement. Not speaking about the gods, Kronos, Camp Half-Blood, or Luke's future plans were apart of the deal.

After that, he disappeared again- for two months. He didn't bother to contact you in any possible way.

Could he possibly be... cheating? Shaking your head to yourself, you thought no. Luke isn't that type of guy, then again, he could charm anyone with his good looks without putting much effort.

You rose to your feet.

Luke remained sitting on the dock, frowning up at you. "What are you doing?"

You ignored him, walking away and back to the car you took here.

Luke ran to catch up with you. He took you by the hands, but you pulled them away. "(Y/n), please. Stay. Whatever I said, I'm sorry."

Could he be more oblivious?

You took your car keys out, clicking a button. Luke continued to follow.

And when you opened the door, he slammed it shut, pinning you against the car.

"Tell me what I did," he demanded softly. "Tell me so I can fix it. I'm not letting you leave until you tell me."

You stared at the son of Hermes. "I'm tired," you said, crossing your arms. "Let me go home."

Luke frowned again. "You just got here twenty minutes ago, you've been waiting to see me. Now you want to leave? I've been watching over you this past months, (y/n). I know how much you missed me." He placed a finger under your chin so you could stare at him in his azure eyes. "I missed you, princess."

You hesitantly wrapped your arms around Luke's shoulders. "I missed you too."

You wanted to think he was lying, but why would he lie? He didn't sound like he was lying. This has been the most honest he's been in months.

"I'm still the same Luke," he reminded. "Things have been... stressful. I'll stay as long as I'm needed. I'll always be with you." Luke wrapped his arms around your body, kissing your forehead and stroking your hair. "I love you."

You mumbled an "I love you too" into his chest. You closed your eyes, trying to remember the last time you had a moment like this with Luke. It's been... months. He's been so distant and so focused on destroying the Olympians that he's completely forgotten about you at times.

"Come on," he softly said. "Let's go get ice cream, my treat."

-☤-

Tbh, I still miss Luke.

It's shark week for me and all I'm craving is chocolate and reader inserts.

PSA: Please note this type of relationship isn't healthy!!!!!

Q: Have you been to hershey park? Any rides you want to recommend other than roller coasters?

-A