3. Percy x Reader

Imagine... Percy trying to cheer you up by visiting an aquarium.

Trigger warnings: loved ones death, emotional trauma.

"Wonder girl," Percy said, holding your hand as you passed a jellyfish exhibit. He traced circles on your skin. "Try to smile."

You let go of his hand, pressing your own hands against the glass, watching the jellyfish bump against each other, floating aimlessly.

You wanted to smile, but the traumatic death of your mother kept flashing before your eyes.

Earlier within the week, you visited your mother, thinking, monsters won't attack after the war with Gaea, right? A visit can't hurt anyone.

Shortly after you arrived, your childhood house was flanked by monsters.

You couldn't escape. You were trapped.

Your mom sacrificed herself for you safety.

You closed your eyes, trying to block out the memory of your mother's screams. Your hands fell to your sides, balling themselves, trembling slightly.

You wanted to apologize to your mother for all the trouble you've caused her through out the years.

This is my fault, you thought. I shouldn't have came.

You felt Percy's arms snake around your waist, slightly relaxing you. "(Y/n)," his voice came out soft and gentle, like the low purr of a kitten. "Please, I know you're upset, but you're making me upset too."

You turn in his arms, wrapping your arms around his neck. You kissed his jaw. "I'm sorry, Perce," you said, unable to meet his eye. "I can't help it."

Percy pulled your body closer, kissing your forehead. "Do you want to see the dolphins?" he asked softly, being careful with he said.

You managed a smile. "Sure."

"Great," he smiled, pulling you towards the dolphin exhibits. "Maybe we can sneak into the water and swim."

"I don't know." You aren't one for trouble. You've been a girl to follow orders, listen, and not cause trouble. But this is risky.

"Aw, c'mon, wonder girl," Percy whined "You gotta break the rules sometimes."

You sighed heavily, but went with his idea. Percy opened a door that lead to the dolphin tanks, it said, EMPLOYEES ONLY.

"Ladies first." He gestured for you to go forward.

You rolled your eyes and playfully punched his arm. "Chicken," you muttered.

"I am not," he argued in a playful tone. "I'm the most manly guy in the world."

"Okay, Perce, you keep telling yourself that."

You climbed up a stairwell, the smell of chlorine and fish hitting you strongly. You wondered why you agreed to this idea. A railing surrounded the edges of the tank, Percy pulling himself over and splashed into the water.

He emerged from a water, shaking his head like a wet dog, and then held a hand outward.

You're hesitant at first, but you took it. You shivered as the cold water touched your skin.

Percy pulled you underwater, and amazingly, you could see clearly underwater. "Breathe," he told you.

You held your breath. Is he crazy? You can't breathe underwater-- not like him.

"Trust me, wonder girl. You won't drown."

You can trust Percy. He'd never lie to you.

Your lungs felt like they were going to burst. You inhaled, expecting water, but oxygen filled your lungs instead.

"I... can breathe," you uttered in disbelief.

Percy's smile grew larger. "Don't try this with out me, because you know, bad things happen."

Percy pulled you deeper, to the point you could see people through the glass.

A dolphin swam near you and Percy, but all you could hear was its chatter.

"Yeah, I know," Percy said to the dolphin. "This is my girlfriend, (y/n), Finn."

"Finn?" You questioned.

"That's his name," Percy smiled. "Finn the bottle nose dolphin."

The dolphin blew air through his blow hole, and then neared you. You reached out carefully.

Finn nudged your palm with his snout, another high-pitched chatter made by him.

You laugh, forgetting why you were upset. He suddenly turned around, his rear end facing you and Percy.

Percy held onto Finn's dorsal fin. "He wants to give us a ride."

The dolphin pulled the two of you around the tank, and then stopped at the surface.

"Percy?" You said, hearing the jiggling of keys.

"Yeah?"

"I think it's time we start running, otherwise we'll get arrested again."

"Hey! It's not my fault those Victoria secret bra's looked fabulous on me."

"Yeah, yeah," you muttered, recalling the time you were chased around the mall. "Let's go. We already promised your mom we would stay out of trouble."

You both hauled yourselves out of the tank.

Percy laced his hand with yours. "Okay, wonder girl, but if we do get arrested again, we're calling Paul instead."

*****

Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever!

I had my first soccer practice of the season yesterday, and it sucked. I didn't get my old coach from last season, I got a new team, and I honestly don't like them. I tried talking to them, but they ignored me.

I'm still having writers block, and I really don't know what to write.

-A