The Plan and the Action

Arthur's point of view:
I was pacing back and forth as I waited for Merlin to return from the cells. My bedroom creaked which caused me to turn in that direction. "It's about time you're back."
"Arthur, I was gone for maybe five minutes."
"So... how is she?"
"Well, I'm not sure. She seems scared but calm." I shook my head. There had to be a way to help her escape. I would risk my life just so I would never see her hang. I know the full truth now. Robin Hood is a hero and someone the common folk look up to in times of tyranny. Another creak came from my bedroom door. Morgana and Gwen joined us. I could tell they were just as worried as I was.
"We need a plan to save Robin," Morgana pleaded.
"I know." But just as I said that the warning bell rang out. We all shared a confused look before Merlin and I ran out of my bedroom. My guards met me by the throne room. One guard informed me that there was a break-in inside the castle. I sent out orders to search the castle. This break-in was distracting me from saving Robin. I immediately ran to the prison cells to make sure no prisoner had gotten out. More guards followed me down. I ran to Robin's cell which was open and empty. My worry turned to panic. Did she escape or was someone out for her? My guards and I were now on a mission for an escaped prisoner. We stopped searching the castle and started towards the village.

Robin Hood's point of view:
The sheriff had just left my cell in fear of being caught harassing a prisoner. Two guards came to my cell. I expected the king had sent them to watch over me to make sure I didn't make any attempt at escape. But oh how I was wrong. At a closer glance, I realized that these guards weren't from the place but were Jerry and Tom. My merry men came for me! I rushed to the front of the cell. "You guys came for me!"
Jerry responded, "We couldn't leave our leader to die."
Tom added, "You saved our families and we know you'll continue to make a difference."
Jerry unlocked the cell and Tom unhooked the handcuffs. Tears streamed down my eyes.
"We don't have much time," Jerry said.
Tom continued, "They are bound to find the guards we knocked out." As if on cue, the warning bell rang. It seemed very powerful, but I assumed that was because my life was on the line. We ran out the same way the two men came from earlier. We sprinted towards the side entrance of the castle. There were more merry men outside waiting there for me. Some were young boys and others were men. Even after Prince John, the Merry Men still continued on instead of forgetting the cause. A proud smile formed on my face. I never expected my little rebellion to grow. A young boy handed me a bow and a set of arrows.
"Thank you all for helping me in my time of need." A cheer went throughout the crowd. "I need to do something before we leave. Is there any way you guys can create a distraction?"
"We're on it," Jerry and some of the others announced.
"I need two people with me."
Tom and another man volunteered.
"We will meet at the willow tree in the forest beyond the village. No more lives are taken from their side or ours." Whispers traveled through the crowd. I realized time was ticking and Arthur would be on his way. "Go, go, go!" I ran back inside the side entrance with the two Merry Men.
"I need to kill the sheriff. You two are in charge of keeping guards off my back." We turned the corner. My stay as Marian allowed me to study all the rooms of the castle. The sheriff occupied the guest room on the second level. Lion's den was the nickname for that section. Six guards stood in the hall. I didn't need them alerting anyone else. I took on two guards and my men followed. We quickly took out the guards but more came from the other wing.
"Do you think you two can handle those guards?" I asked to which Tom replied very witty. I left them to enter the sheriff's chambers. It was quiet in his room. I immediately checked his bed to only find it empty. As I went to turn around, I was shoved onto the bed. I screamed out of fright and pain. It took a couple of seconds to realize that the sheriff dug a dagger into my previous scar from the night I became Robin Hood. I kicked the sheriff off of me and pulled a sword from my holder from a guard I challenged. A final duel. I've been preparing myself for this moment. He was going to die and I was going to make sure of that.
"Like I said Robin a scar for a scar," he laughed. I held my wound and readied my stance. Our swords clashed with the sound of lightning. He tried to trick me and escape but I blocked the door with my body. A simple pattern commenced of blocks and attacks.
"It's a pity that you will die in vain like the rest of your family. Worthless poors trying to make a difference. I must say I was surprised to see your Merry Men. I thought I scared them off the first time." Anger boiled inside me and I released my hand from my wound and started attacking instead of blocking. With each strike, I reflected on how I got here. From being a little girl playing with Archer to losing him and my father. The night I became Robin Hood instead of Robin of Locksley. The day my mother died and when I had lost the estate. The towns I had saved from poverty and the bars I had visited. My horse, Noir, and our adventures together. How I met Merlin and helped protect his village. The first time I met Arthur and was charmed by his will to help just as I had. My friends, I had made in Camelot and the night with Arthur when I truly knew I loved him. But I was a coward and ran away in fear of putting him in harm's way. With a final stab to the sheriff's chest, he was on the ground bleeding. "You took everything I had and I finally made a life for myself. I will not have you take it away from me and I will not hang. I am Robin of Locksley and Robin Hood. It is my name you will remember in your final minutes." I abandoned him there. He didn't deserve comfort or pity. For if that was me in his place, he would have never saved me. I walked out of the room to see Tom and his friend resting.
"We don't have much time let's gather the group." We ran to the main square. I rushed to the fountain just like the first time I was here.
"Merry Men report to the spot!" I screamed so they all would hear me. But just as I did, I saw Arthur a few feet away from me. Our eyes meet. His eyes were full of worry until I showed a soft smile. I loved him, but we were from two separate worlds. I simply mouthed the three words that seemed so hard to accept. "I love you... Arthur." His lips curled at the ends and I knew he understood. His guards charged towards me for I was still a criminal in Camelot. I couldn't get captured again after what my men sacrificed. With a final goodbye to Camelot, I rushed towards the forest. I spotted Jerry not far and called him over. I was losing a lot of blood, but the adrenaline kept me going. He put two and two together and carried me to the Willow. I made one more effort to look at Arthur. I saw his sandy blonde hair, armor, and his crystal blue eyes. I let the tears fall from my eyes. I will never know where they were from, whether it was my open wound or heartbreak. But at that moment, I knew I loved Arthur and he knows. In my sorrow, the idea of settling down felt miles away.

Word count: 1470
I hope you enjoy the next chapter. The story isn't over yet. A vote is very appreciated. After this book is over please let me know any ideas you would like to see, whether they are marvel, Merlin, Harry Potter, shadow and the bone, or Narnia related. Enjoy :)!