Busy in the Town

Robin Hood's point of view:

I woke up to the sun rising. I smiled. I hadn't had a peaceful night's rest in a while. I was either on the run or I was stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. I swiftly glided out of bed and walked over to the tiny closet. Morgana had let me borrow a white gown with a royal blue corset over it. I loved the way the gown flowed. I felt like a princess. As I slid the dress over my head and adjusted everything. I spun in a small circle taking a glance in the mirror. I don't remember the last time I wore something this beautiful. I brushed the tangles of last night's mess out of my hair and let any loose curls fall.

 I brushed the tangles of last night's mess out of my hair and let any loose curls fall

(Didn't mean to make her look like Ariel with the reddish hair and blue dress lol)

Merlin was on a hunt with Arthur for the day, so I figured I would explore the town. I raced down the palace steps. Camelot's beauty always made the person feel majestic in the presence of the castle. I saw a little market stand next to the blacksmith. My stomach grumbled at the thought of food. I pulled the only change I had out of my pocket. I avoided the rush of people around the town square. The stand was petite. I reached forward and grabbed a bright green apple. I took a bite out of the apple and paid for it. As I turned around I almost ran into Gwen. "I'm so sorry Gwen."

"It's no problem, Marian. I was not paying much attention." I went to say my goodbyes when she said that we should walk around town together. I felt bad for saying no, so I agreed to go. 

I was having a great time. Gwen was very sweet and easy-going. She showed me the whole town. We were walking back to the castle when Arthur and his men came riding in. The men were riding at a speed that could really hurt someone. Gwen did not seem to realize they were coming. I pushed Gwen to the side bringing me with her. However, doing this caused me a pretty painful fall. Arthur's horse came to a stop, and he started to come over to us, with his men following suit. I tried to get up as fast as I could, but in a dress like this, I was going nowhere. Arthur placed his hand out for me to take. I grasped it and he helped me get to my feet. I looked up and at first, did not realize how close I was to the prince. A light blush crept onto my face. I don't even know why I was blushing I hate royalty. I hastily took my hand out of his and bowed. Gwen was already doing so. "There's no need to bow," he said, "I did almost hit you and Gwen with my horse." 

I rose from the position I was in and nodded to Arthur. "Are you two alright?" he followed up. I glanced at Gwen and then back at Arthur. 

"Well other than almost getting hit by your horse, I would say we're fine." I laced with pure sarcasm. Arthur laughed and took my hand again. "Well, I will make it up to you then."

"Oh there's no need for that," I said embarrassed. He placed my arm in his as he started to walk. By now my face was red. I was so confused and was wondering if he was just messing with me. "You are a guest to Camelot, and I would like to show you what Camelot truly is." I turned my head around and made eye contact with Gwen. She giggled and waved at me. I stared at her with a brief second of hatred and then giggled too. 

"Prince Arthur, if I may..." one knight began, "you should train your knights like you promised your father in preparation of the bandit's return," Arthur simply replied and then looked back at me. "Until I see you again," he grinned. "Or hit me with your horse," I added in some form of goodbye. He let out a quick chuckle. "Whatever one comes first." Now it was my turn to laugh. He mounted his horse and continued to the stables. I watched as he rode off. Gwen came up from behind me and squealed. "Prince Arthur was totally flirting with you."

"There's no way Gwen." I denied. 

"Marian, I work in the palace and I have never seen him act like that." "Oh my..." she squealed again. "What," I said with more confusion. "I have to tell Morgana," she said. "No, no," I tried to plead to Gwen, but she was already on her way to the castle. I looked up to the sky and chuckled. Maybe Camelot isn't so bad after all. 

Dusk was slowly spreading across the sky. Gaius, Merlin, and I had just finished supper. I offered to go clean the dishes and retrieve the morning's laundry. Gaius asked if I would deliver Morgana her sleeping draft on my way. I held the dishes in one hand and Morgana's sleeping draft in the other. I slipped through the kitchen doors and dropped off the dirty dishes. I had grabbed the small load of laundry from the washroom. The last stop of the night was Morgana's chambers, which I had no idea where that were at. I tried to follow some people and take my best guesses. I finally found her room. I left the laundry by the door before I knocked. "Hello, Lady Morgana." I heard footsteps on the other side of the door. "Why, hello," she responded. "My name is Marian, a friend of Merlin, I have your sleeping draft." Morgana smiled, "Yes, I remember you. Would you mind coming in?" 

"Not at all, my lady," I said walking into her chambers. "Please just call me Morgana." I nodded in return and placed the draft on her oak nightstand. "Marian, the girl who saved my maid from getting hit by Arthur's horse, is that you?" she questioned. "Yes, that was me," I said sheepishly. "Any friend of Merlin and Gwen are a friend to me." I smiled, "Thank you, Morgana." 

"Marian, I think we will get along very well." "I couldn't have said it better myself," I giggled. I went to leave her room when she said, "You're also the girl who caught Arthur's attention too." I looked at her and quickly said, "I doubt that, but I must thank you for the dress you let me borrow." "Well, you look like a princess in it." With that, I bid her goodnight and walked back to the physician's court. I put the laundry basket by the side of the patient's bed and made my way to my cot. I would have to start planning my next moves soon. No more playing Marian all the time. I have to stick to the task.

Word count: 1228

Comment with any ideas and leave a vote. :)