The Cell

MATURE WARNING *curse word was used*

Robin Hood's point of view:
I sat behind bars and wasn't allowed any visitors. I wondered if this is how Little John felt before his death. The last moments of your life slipping out of your control. The memories taunt me to think about it more but I pushed them away. I knew in time this would be my fate, but a part of me liked to believe I was unchallenged. That there was no match for thee Robin Hood. I heard the cell door open and dragged myself to the metal bars. Merlin and Gaius rushed in. I sucked in a sharp breath as Merlin placed his hands on top of mine. "Robin are you okay?" he pleaded.
"I'm fine," I said holding back the swarm of emotions.
"No one of your state can be fine," Gaius said.
"I just never expected to get caught."
"You can't just give up, I can use my magic to help you."
"No, Merlin. I have to pay the price for what I have done. It was about time. Just promise me, promise me you won't watch tomorrow and won't get involved." I started to get choked up.
"Robin..."
Gaius interrupted, "Robin, you are very intelligent. You'll think of something, just don't give up."
I smiled warmly and placed my hands over Merlin's giving them a squeeze. "I'll stay with you," Merlin said.
"You know I can't let you do that," I whispered grimly. They took one more look at me before turning to leave. Everyone's eyes full of tears ready to burst. My thoughts spun in my head. I had never prepared myself for this moment. Never had the fear until it actually happened. Everyone expected me to be a brave hero, but to be honest I'm terrified. I hadn't prepared myself to die. I'd like to believe I had forever.
About three hours later, the sun had set. The jail door opened again and I thought the servants were bringing dinner to the prisoners. However, it was the no good for nothing sheriff. He strode over to my cell unlocking the door. I pushed myself towards the back of the cell placing distance in-between ourselves.
"Would you look at that!" The sheriff remarked. "All this time you were right in Sherwood!" He said with aggression.
Anger twisted on my face as I screamed, "You have no idea what I have been through. My father died because of the tyranny in Nottingham and then my brother died revolting taxes at your hand. My mother died from lack of supplies due to taxes. My house was taken property of that stupid king because I was a woman. My best man was hung because he tried to make a difference. I have always suffered from the likes of you. And all I ever wanted was to see you hang!"
I sucked in a shaky breath and wiped any tears that escaped my eyes. "I lost everything you pig and I'm the hero in the eyes of the common folk. So don't gloat too long because another will follow in my steps." I sneered. The sheriff clapped as the cell unlocked.
"Bravo, bravo that was truly touching," he mocked pretending to wipe a tear. He scanned my features over before taking another step. I realized that I couldn't move back anymore as he continued to approach me.
"Stop, don't come any closer," I demanded.
"Look at you giving me orders," he teased, "guess what I'm not one of your Merry Men." A shiver went up my spine. What would happen to the Merry Men? I was on the verge of a panic attack. I never checked to see if they all made it home safe. Guilt began to rise in my throat. In a moment of weakness, he grabbed my throat too tight. I begun gasping for air as I flung my hands around his. There was a hint of vengeance in his eyes and I had never been so scared. I should be the one with vengeance in my heart. He ruined my life. I did nothing to make him vengeful. He kept moving closer until his face was just a space away. Panic crossed my eyes as I saw no escape. I feared what the sheriff would do now that we were all alone. Thankfully, footsteps could be heard coming down the staircase. The sheriff quickly released his grip. "You are lucky someone is coming, but I will be glad to see you hang. A scar for a scar." A sinister smile formed on his lips as he backed away and locked my cell. "Guess we'll meet each other again in hell."

Word count: 822
Hey, thanks for reading. A vote would be very appreciated. I'm sorry for using (hell) in the story. If it bothers you, know that I meant no offense. I thought it fit well.