The Archery Contest

Robin Hood's point of view:
As the sun began to peak over the horizon, Noir trotted towards the water. I stretched my arms and let a yawn escape my mouth. I was spoiled for sleeping in the patient cot that I had forgotten what it was like to sleep on the earth's soil. My knees wobbled as I began to rise. Walking over towards the water, I splashed my face letting the ice water cover my face. My body released a shiver as the water dripped down my shirt. Noir neighed to which I sighed at. This horse was laughing at me. Swiftly, I hopped on Noir's back and went forth to Camelot with my hood flowing behind me in the wind.

The Archery Contest
"There was a rumor she fled." a knight said to the sheriff. He huffed and sat on the left side of the king. The King seemed well aware of the news and starring at the sheriff with blazing eyes. "Do not worry my lord, if I know our bandit at all then I know she can't resist a challenge to prove herself worthy of the guilt she carries."
"How can you be so sure?"
"You are just going to have to trust me your highness," the sheriff encouraged. The trumpets began to blow and the contestants lined up. Robin Hood was no where in site. There were twenty contestants, which half were eliminated the first round.

Arthur's point of view:
I watched as the first ten were eliminated. If father would have let me compete then I easily would have won. Cheers could be heard throughout the stands as the archers readied themselves for the next round. The heat of the summer was beating down on the archers, which made me wonder why one archer was in a parka and a straw hat. I looked over to the sheriff who had a smug smile on his face. I followed his gaze to the same archer. Morgana's face grew pale as she locked eyes with me. I really didn't understand why she was scared. Archery never hurt anyone. And the straw hat man seemed to be a good archer. The sheriff inched closer to the edge of his seat every time a new round began. The finalist made their way to the crowd and bowed. First was William Shagware, a noble. Next was Becket Lydone, a farmer. Finally was a scrawny lad named Presley Baines.

Robin Hood's point of view:
I had made it to the finals without a challenge. Although these other archers were good, I know I'm the best. It was my life. The target was almost out of sight and the sun was bright. I covered my eyes with my left hand to calculate my shot. As the two other contestants eyed me up, I notched my final arrow into the bow. A light breeze had reminded me to breathe. A swish came from my bow as the wooden arrow flew and smashed the center of the target. The crowd erupted and the other competitors had missed the bullseye. I made my way in front of the roaring crowd and pridefully bowed. The King had motioned for me to come towards their stand. The sheriff whispered something in the King's ear before he began his speech. "Today we have our campion." The thundering crowd applauded. "I bring great news for Presley Baines..." and with a sinister grin the king sneered, "or should I say Robin Hood." My face blanked white and guards surrounded me. I had no arrows to defend myself and I began to panic. Arthur and Morgana rose out of their seats and the knights closed in on me. The king nodded towards the sheriff.
"For years I have been trying to unmask this dangerous villain. Violent, cold-hearted, and empty. I have been searching for a man of incredible strength, but it turns out..." He walked up right to me. I could feel his breathe on my chin. "This bandit is a woman, who many know as Marian!" The crowd gasped and my dear friends were speechless. My hat was thrown off and the sheriff held my face close to his and whispered, "I've got you this time and nothing will save you from the rope that will swallow up that tempting, devilish neck of yours." I turned my head in disgust, but was pushed to the ground.
"I would normally order for beheading, but the sheriff had asked me to hang the thief instead. And to cleanse Camelot of evil, I will do so," the king spoke. My eyes were wide in disbelief; I had lost. Merlin and Gaius tried to get close, but we're pushed away. Arthur ran over to where I was and tried to pave a way to me, but it was no use. Tears sprung out of my eyes as I was dragged away. My world went spinning. Everything I did was now for nothing. Did I leave a legacy? Did I save people? Will I be remembered as a hero or painted as a villainous bandit with great skill? How could I have lost?

Word count: 884
I hope you liked it. I'm sorry I haven't updated in awhile. But I am hoping with school ending soon that I can write more.