The Prince

Robin Hood's point of view:

Arthur turned his head to make sure that I was still behind him. He led us down the castle's main gate stairs. Cold rain poured down. Leaving anything out wet. The guards that were meant to be protecting the metal gate had fallen asleep, to which Arthur shook his head. I asked Arthur trying to catch my breath, "What are we doing?"

"Care to dance?" he followed up my question.

"It's pouring down rain and it's almost midnight," I said in disbelief.

"Well...yes, but it is quite lovely right now," he responded. He turned my body towards his. I am glad that it is dark out. Otherwise, he would see the blush forming on my cheeks. He held his hand out for me to take. I slowly placed my hand in his. There were no sounds other than the water hitting the stone floor. I was nervous at first and I could tell he was too. The steps just started coming naturally to us. We were now completely soaked. Arthur made me want to stay at Camelot most of all. He inspires and will be a great king. I never knew I would ever get this close to royalty. He twirled me around a giggle escaping my lips. My eyes looking like a joyful child's. I felt home with Arthur.

Arthur's Point of View:

As I spun her around, I heard her giggle. It brought butterflies to my stomach. Her emerald eyes glistened, and a smile was spread on her beautiful face. I had fallen in love with her from the first time I laid my eyes on her figure. There is something about her, this spark, I can't even describe it. Uncontrollably, I pulled her closer. Our bodies inches away. Our fingers locked onto each other. I withdrew my hand out of hers. I brushed my hand against her soft cheek. Her hair loosely rested on her shoulders. It was out of the bun that it was previously in, leaving the braid crown around her head. The stray hairs sticking to the sides of her face. And at that moment, I knew she was meant to be queen. I lifted her chin so that her green orbs met with my crystal blue eyes. I went to whisper her name, but the next thing I know, our lips were together.

Robin Hood's Point of View:

He kissed me, softly at first, and then the swift graduation caused me to wrap my arms around his neck. His hands on my waist reeling me in, deepening the kiss. The rush of passion filling my body until I realized what I was doing. I was kissing the prince. That would be another reason for my head. I reluctantly pulled away. His features were glowing. I almost became lost in his eyes again. I snapped out of my daze, which left him puzzled. "Arthur, we can't," I whispered.

"Marian..." I couldn't hear the rest of what he said: I was already running back inside the castle.

"Wait!" I turned at his voice but fear replaced any passion that was left in my body and I bolted up the stairs. It became hard to run in my soaked dress, so I planted myself in the hallway. The broken tears escaped my eyes and I covered my mouth. The agony was just too much for me to take. I loved Arthur. It hurt to know that I could never be with him. I didn't want to be seen crying in the hall, so I tried to make my way back to the physician's chambers. I quietly entered and fell asleep on the wooden bench.

Arthur's Point of View:

I mentally slapped myself. How could I have feelings for Marian? It could never work. She was just a woman from who knows where, and I'm the Prince of Camelot. I can not be fooling around with the likes of her. That last bit stung. I knew I didn't mean it, but I had to convince myself to not love her. I yelled after her, however, she was already out of view. My heart hurt. I loved her, but it would never work out. I figured that I should just try and get some sleep.

Amount of Words: 760

I know it was a short chapter, but I wanted to start Robin Hood's encounter in a new chapter. I hope you liked it and leave a vote. Please check out my other book, "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe spin-off". The book is about Pevensie's journey in Narnia, and you the reader are included.