fifteen. girl friend but with a space in between

ANTE BELLUM: XV

ANTE BELLUM: XV

RAMSEY BIANCHI

"HEY, HOW'S YOUR DAD'S WRING DOING?" I ask Escobar as he handed me a new set of dirty dishes.

Escobar sigh exhaustively, he ran a hand over his face before shrugging. "The place was on sale, apparently wrestling isn't a thing if it isn't WWE." I placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Then some moron crashed through the ceiling and the buyer for some odd reason canceled the deal. Funny how rich people can just... drop everything and leave whereas poor people have to find a way to survive."

"I'm so sorry." Escobar shrugged. "Was it a thug?"

Escobar shook his head. "Word is; it was a kid. Went against Marvin's men on his own, while on the run he jumped roof after roof and ended just above the wring and crashed down."

I frown, a bad feeling settling on my chest. "When did this happen?"

"A week ago." The bad feeling in my chest increased as I connected the dots, Peter Parker had a bruised eye the next day after we chatted. "Anyway, Miriam's calling you to the front."

I frown, "Uhm... what for?"

Escobar just shrugged before going over to grab the food plates, before leaving. "Something about someone coming to see you."

I nodded, I untied the white apron before setting it aside. "Probably Connor."

I pushed past the double doors, taking in the livid atmosphere in the restaurant. It was really crowded which was a really good thing, the past few weekends I've been here there were barely any customers. I spotted Miriam talking to a young boy by the bar, I made my way toward him while smiling at Alexander, just as I was about to announce my presence the boy turned around.

My eyes widen, "Peter?" He sends me a smile. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Ramsey, have some manners will you?" Miriam scolded.

"My manners are just fine." I retorted which earn me a stern look from Miriam.

Peter timidly reach over the left side of the counter, he offered me a smile as he handed me flowers. My mouth parted open, clearly taken off guard by this spontaneous detail, I quickly snapped out of it and offered him a grateful smile while taking the flowers.