"He tells me not to be late and then he-"

She almost screamed as she suddenly felt a hand around hers.

"Why are you doing that?" She whispered loudly as she looked at a smiling Beomgyu.

Beomgyu intertwined their fingers as he pulled her with him.

"Why did you tell me to not bring a flashlight? It's dark Beomgyu." She asked wearily as she looked around.

They were getting further and further away from the cabins, and the little light they had was disappearing.

"Do you want to get caught?" He whispered as he smiled at her.

"If we get lost in the forest, I swear I will find you in heaven or hell. Just to kill you." She whispered harshly making Beomgyu chuckle as he continued to pull her along.

She tightly held onto his hand and arm as they walked together.

"We don't have to go that far to see them."

"See what?"

"They're starting to come out now."

"What are you talking about-"

Her gaze fell on a tiny light floating in the air.

She raised her eyebrows in shock as she spotted another one.

"Fireflies?" She asked quietly as Beomgyu smiled softly.

"They only come out during this time, at the ends of June. They're in hibernation after that." Beomgyu informed quietly as they all started coming out slightly.

Lei watched them in awe as a handful of them started flashing their lights in the forest.

"This is why I said a flashlight wasn't a very good idea." He chuckled making her look at him for a second.

The moonlight was enough to see his features.

"How do you know all of these spots?"

"I've been coming here since I was seven. I didn't have many friends so I found ways to entertain myself."

"You? No friends? That's hard to believe." She chuckled as she placed her arms around his waist.

"I wasn't always this handsome and cool." He smirked making her shake her head.

"When did it start changing?" She asked curiously as he narrowed his eyes in thought.

"I was maybe around 9 or 10. I started approaching people and eventually started making more friends."

"Are you like that at home too?"

"Not when I was a kid. It was like... this place was magic. I was living an entirely different life here. I saw pretty things here, made friends, I was playing every day, and it was constant sleepovers. This place was heaven to me." He whispered softly as he looked around.

"That's why I wanted to show you everything I could about this place."

Lei smiled as she looked around again.

"It might be working."

"Are you scared of the dark?" He suddenly asked teasingly as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her even closer to him.

"A little. I always have been."

"What were you like as a kid?"

"Just like I am now." She chuckled making him smile softly. "I was a little bitter, maybe."

"Why?"

Lei paused in thought as she looked at the fireflies.

"My dad had just gotten remarried. I didn't want a new mom."