chapter 40

Damian - she is working continuesly since morning. I said to my assistant to double her work.

I checked my time and I can see her. She is still working.

Lyra, it's time for lunch.

Lyra- but there is a lot of work and I need to finish this by today.

Damian -  it's OK now come, join me for a lunch.

And we both left for a restaurant.

And she got a call, where she left the chair to talk.

I can see her face from distance. She is crying.

Hmm does she have a boyfriend.

Why I'm thinking about her.

She came after 5 minutes.

Everything fine.

Lyra- yeah it's good.

Damian - then why you are crying there.

Lyra- why do you care?

Damian - ok it's non of my business.

Lyra - it's my son. And I even not talk to him properly. I got emotional.

Damian - oh you are married.

Lyra- yeah but not anymore

Damian - means

Lyra- I left him in India and according to him I'm dead.

Damian - sorry for asking these many questions. But why. Is he that bad?

Lyra- bad, it's just a small word. I can't define him. He is abusive, manipulative and technically my tormentor too.

Damian - I'm sorry.

Lyra- no it's OK. He loved my sister but he married me instead. And he used to beat me daily for that and he used to rape me daily. And when we both separated I realized I was pregnant.

And my friend took care of me and I joined in a hospital and worked there as a doctor.

And I gave birth there only. Later he got to know I have a child he came again into my life while begging to give him one more chance.

And my foolishness I gave him that chance and I thought he changed too. But never happened. He acted all the time. And I got to know his true colors. Where I faked my death and I left here.

Damian - I can't imagine what you went through. But how do you know Mr. Brown

Lyra- he is my patient when he visited India. And he promised me during the stay he will do if I need help and he helped me to escape.

And now taking care of my baby.

Damian - hmm ok. And food arrived. We ate in silence.

And we left the place and she again digged herself into work.

It's 10.00 pm everyone left the work except her.

Lyra now getup it's too late. You can finish it tomorrow.

Lyra- hmm ok but it will take an hour. Then it will complete. And you said I need to finish by today.