chapter 36

Before 5 years

Lyra: he bursted his anger. And I thought by staying awake in whole night. I hugged my ishaan and tears are rolling down without my involvement.

And I kissed him so many times. How can I do this? 

He is a small kid. How can i leave him. But I can't choose my old life with varun. He is a monster.

He will kill me. And my ishaan what will happen to him.

And I don't know when the night turned into day and my time to tell my decision to Mr. Brown

And I entered to his office where he is waiting for me.

He nodded to sit down. And asked me about my decision.

Mr. Brown - look Lyra, dont waste time. I'm busy. If you want to go back to your husband, here is your flight ticket. Choice is yours.

Lyra - before he says I stopped him and Mr. Brown, please I have decided. I will stay back.

I know this is for my better future. You are trying very hard to convince me while pretending your fake anger. I will never ever go to my previous life. No matter what it takes and I promise myself I will give better future to my son.

And it is hard for me to stay away from him. But I know it is temporary. So I decided I will go.

Mr. Brown -  very good. Now here are the tickets and passport. And here are the details about him.

Flight is at evening. So enjoy the day...

Lyra - later at evening I packed everything. And my heart is aching for leaving him. But Mrs. Brown promised me to take care of him.

And I boarded the flight with heavy heart.

And after few hours I reached the place and I took the cab and reached his office.

Where I went to reception and asked about Mr. Knight and they guided me to his room which is in the top.

I don't know why I'm hesitating to knock the door. May be I never went through this process. But I need to do this for myself.

I knocked the door and he said to come in without looking at me he said to sit.

Damian- hmm tell me what do you want.

Lyra- I cleared my throat. Mr. Brown sended me.

He stopped his work and looked at me.

Damian - OK you are the person. Tell me Ms. Lyra what is your qualifications.

Lyra- I'm a doctor

He shook his head

Damian - how is this even possible Ms. Lyra, you a doctor into business?

What are you thinking, is it easy way to earn money.

No it is not. And your field is completely different.

Or is it a silly joke or prank you want to play with me? 

Lyra - first of all, I'm not in a state to play a games with you. And next yes it is not a joke at all. I have responsibilities.

And I have a past, to overcome that I will do anything. And as your problem with my degree, yes I'm a doctor and I love my profession. But I want to leave everything behind from my past life. I want to start my new journey.