Ren laughed at the affection and tried to smooth they're hair back down but the curls said otherwise and said 'Nah'.

"Well after a couple of hours he should wake up from my illusion and think it was just a bad dream. Thankfully he didn't see us in the crowd. If he did, then the illusion would've broke and we would've been facing a really angry stone monkey." They shrugged and with a smirk, they emerged back into the little clearing.

As Jinhua toned down her chuckles, she cleared her eyes of strand tears from laughing too hard, "Alrighty then!" With a smile she placed her hands on her hips.

"To the next one!"

Ren cackled along and took hold of Jinhua's hand again, "Alright, Ma!" Skipping towards another portal that they snapped their fingers to create.

Jinhua following behind felt her face go blank for a moment, it seems either Ren didn't fully understand what he said just now or he's just ignoring it.

With a small chuckle, Jinhua allowed Ren to fully drag her through another portal.

Once stepping through, the two end up in a dark and traditional Chinese theatre. As they walked down the rows of chairs, Jinhua noticed in each seat, laid a giant sized lantern with purple flames a lit.

As she leaned in closer, she reached out gently with her hand and gently touched it.

Surprisingly, the flames were cold to the touch.

A small buzz went off as the lantern opened and the flames danced along the top showing a memory of sorts.

"So this is Macaque's mind palace...." She said in awe as she watched the darker toned monkey meet Wukong in battle. After being defeated, Wukong suggested they become sworn brothers and fight side by side.

With a small smile Jinhua watched the lantern close and the memory ended.

She trailed down the aisles and soon made it to the stage, "Everything is so organized... Much better than Wukong's mind palace where you'd see a tree either in its right place, or on the floor and ceiling..."

She walked closer to the stage and noticed some more fancy looking lantern outlined in the most beautifully crafted gold rims.

She stepped closer and saw just two lanterns of this description.

One of them was on a very tall podium that seemed to be out of reach and the other was caged in a detailed glass case.

Ren walked up towards her with an interested look, "These seem to be his most treasured ones..."

Jinhua hummed in agreement as she walked towards the tallest podium that loomed over her in height. On the bottom of the podium rested a golden sign ingrained with letters to signify who this memory was with.

'My Sun.'

It didn't take a no brainer to know who this would be to Macaque. With a small sad smile, Jinhua glanced up at the looming podium and maybe caught on why it was like this.

"The sun and moon will forever be seen but without in reach." Ren chuckled playfully as they hummed in amusement to see how high in the air the memory was, "Alright next one!" They happily jogged by Jinhua and hurried over to the maybe normal podium.

As they read over the sign, they looked over it confused, Ren glanced over at Jinhua who was still staring at the sign for the other podium.

"Ma! I think this one is yours!" They called over the demoness, who in return perked up at the exclaim.