It was missing an arm, and a leg.

It was almost menacing how the kid was smiling as he threw the stuffing of the bear into the trees as if it was fertilizer.

He's....odd.

*****

Lei sucked on a lollipop as she sat outside of the cabin, reading her book.

Campers were starting to head back to their cabin after having dinner, bolting to shield themselves from the pouring rain.

Lei heard a familiar yell, making her turn her head to look.

"What are you doing?!" Beomgyu yelled over the loud rain as the kids took his umbrella from his hand. "I thought we were sharing?!" He ran with his hand over his head as the kids giggled.

"What are you laughing at, Lei?!"

Lei was caught off guard as Beomgyu yelled right at her. She hadn't even noticed she was smiling.

Don't let yourself fall for it Lei...

She stopped smiling as she looked away from him and looked down at her book again.

Lei felt him sit next to her and take off his hood, ruffling his hair out of the water.

"You're getting it on my book." Lei complained as she moved her book off her lap to cover it from the drops.

"Sorry." He chuckled as he crossed his arms over his chest, shivering from the cold.

"Why aren't you going to your own cabin?" She asked seriously as she rolled her eyes.

"My cabin is far. I'll wait til' the water simmers down."

Lei narrowed her eyes as she looked at him.

"Your cabin is three down from this one."

"And the rain is pouring three times harder."

"Really? I couldn't tell." She said sarcastically as she gestured towards the rain in front of her.

"Smart ass-"

"Choi Beomgyu!" Ms. Sally yelled over her megaphone, loud enough to reach cabin 407 from her own office.

"What Ms.Sally?!" He yelled back as he tried to see her through the thick rain.

"What do you think you're doing in a girl's cabin?!"

"Technically, I'm not in the cabin, I am outside of the cabin Ms. Sally!" Beomgyu smiled innocently as Ms. Sally let out a small chuckle of disbelief.

"You- Whatever! I'll be watching your every move Choi!"

"Alright!"

"As soon as the rain stops, I want you back at your cabin! Do you understand?!"

Beomgyu brought up his hand with an okay sign as Ms. Sally narrowed her eyes at him and went back inside.

Beomgyu played with his hands as he looked out at the lake.

He looked at Lei for a second, before looking down at the book in her hand.

"What is it about?"

Lei stopped reading as she looked at him for a quick second.

"I don't know. Some dude that goes insane after he went to war." She shrugged softly.

"PTSD, you mean?" He chuckled as he tried to see the page she was on.

"Something like that."

Beomgyu hummed as he slowly nodded his head.

He scooted a little closer to her as he absentmindedly read the page.

She felt his warmth next to her and she tried to ignore her jumping heart.

"When you're done you can turn the page, I'm already done reading that part." Beomgyu said quietly making her scoff.

"Who said you were reading this with me? I never invited you." She said as she turned her head to look at him.

Somehow, I end up in the same situation...

They were once again only inches apart.

She was so nervous she felt her heart could be heard beating from miles away. It was unrealistic, but she was glad the rain was falling hard and it wasn't giving her away.

Beomgyu looked into her eyes, and she did the same.

His gaze was studying her orbs as if he was trying to find out what she was thinking, but she was very hard to read.

He looked down at her lips for a quick second, before his gaze went back to her eyes.

Slowly but surely, he leaned in, and softly pressed his lips against hers.

And she kissed him back.

You let yourself fall for it, Lei...

He gently placed his finger under her chin as he deepened the kiss.

His lips were soft against her own.

The sound of the pouring rain in the back made things even more romantic in her mind.

She felt like she was in a scene of a cliche love story.

But the good kind, with no unnecessary dialogue and annoying characters.

It was...

Perfect..

A sudden creek from inside the cabin made Lei break the kiss.

They both looked away from each other in a hurry.

Lei awkwardly cleared her throat as she noticed the lollipop that had unwillingly fallen off her grip on the wooden step.

Beomgyu closed his eyes tightly in embarrassment as he leaned his temple against the wooden column and tapped his hand against his knee.

Lei picked up the lollipop from the step, thinking about throwing it out and looked back at the book on her lap.

He nervously bit his lip as he looked out at the soft rain.

"You should probably head back now." Lei said making Beomgyu quickly nod his head.

"Y-yeah, I probably should." Beomgyu stuttered as he stood up, placing his hood over his head and walking out into the now slow rain.

Lei rapidly stood up and opened the door to the cabin, putting her book on the floor and throwing herself on the bed, placing the covers over her head.

Resisting the urge to go insane.

"What happened Ms. Lei?" Ji Ah softly asked from the floor where they were all playing cards.

"Don't ask." Lei mumbled against her pillow.

******

Beomgyu walked into his cabin with red cheeks, looking around at the kids who looked at him as if he was a ghost.

"What did you do?" Was the first thing he asked, but they all only shook their heads as they pointed to a corner of the room.

Beomgyu furrowed his eyebrows as he walked over to where they were standing, seeing another atrocious death of an animal.

This time it was a squirrel.

It was missing an arm, and a leg.

Beomgyu frowned at the similarity between the teddy bear in the kid's hands, and the squirrel that was spread across the cabin corner.

How did it get inside?