{S2} The Hound x Reader PII | A Familiar Betrayal

"well, this is a nice change of scenery." "it's a prison cell." "I was being sarcastic."

You glared daggers into your brother as you snapped the last statement, voice hoarse from dehydration and body aching from sitting in the same awkward, tense position for the last twenty-four hours. How had it got to this? After getting broken out by an older urchin and rogue called Nevin you'd taken to be your father (after your own was killed fighting wars for kings and bastard lords) last time, you didn't think you'd see these damp dark walls again for some time, thought you'd be more careful; and ironically you'd committed far less petty theft since your last trip to the cells out of the fear you got nearly looking death in the face last time.

Neither you nor your brother Brent were in here for anything illicit, either- just a bastard Kingsguard who was salty about losing his money to you in a pub fight and decided to charge you for assaulting one of the King's men- a charge of possible death under the new King Joffrey. It seemed odd for you to be so angry at your brother, he was only in here because he tried to stop the guard taking you away- but that's exactly why you were angry; he could be alive by morning had he not got involved, and now you'd have to die knowing his fate was sealed too.

Nevin wouldn't let this happen- and you planned to make sure you found some way out; but waiting for the right time meant keeping a cool head, and listening for the right moment? Not your strong point.

"What a night to be imprisoned too! With Stannis Baratheon banging at the gates to the city and charging through Blackwater Bay, if we don't die by trial to a Lannister's man tomorrow, we'll be slaughtered in our cells by Baratheon men-" Brent violently signalled for you to hush, but you merely winked in response as a snide voice snapped back at you through the bars,

"You'll watch your words, street rat. We already have a Baratheon sitting on the throne." The sore loser that had stuck you both in the cell had been sitting here watching over you since, a sick smile on his face that almost never seemed to vanish- but you had seen when it wavered, and you were getting just the slightest inkling of how to make him tick- normally you wouldn't notice these things but when you've nothing else to look at in a cramped old room, looking for escape, how can you not?

"Do we? Does Robert Baratheon still live? Maybe I'm the one that was struck by a stag." You hissed back, and though it made you flinch you knew you were succeeding when the man struck out against the prison bars with his sword, "You'd be wise to shut your mouth, unless you want a couple less hours in this world. King Joffrey Baratheon is Robert Baratheon's child, and ruler of the seven kingdoms." Letting out a tired chuckle, you shuffled towards the bars this time and tilted your head as you looked your captor in the eye, "Rob musta wanted to fuck Jaime as much as he did Cersei to let him be the one to plant his babes in her stomach."

He snapped up from his seat.

"It's alright, maybe you don't quite understand how sex works- you certainly don't look like you do-" "Y/N-" "Brent! We're calling each other by our names now. You never told me yours, Kings-man, but I'll bet its whoreson."

Swing. The cell opened. He loomed above you, face a hot tomato and sword raised- but as it came down your wrists came forward and your body scooted back, the ropes that bound you swiftly cut but not without injury- we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Pressing your palms against the icy cobbles beneath you, you thrust your legs out before you and almost felt pity for the man as his knee cracked back and he began to scream. It took you but a moment to snatch his sword from the air as he let it free to grasp at his knee, and in the same swing bring his head off. Panting from the adrenaline rush, reality came crashing into place as you acknowledged what you had done. Silent you remained, as you cut your stammering brother's bonds, and dragged him to his feet.