Sixty-Eight

Y'all are gonna hate me for this one.

CUE THE ANGST!

.

{Stay With Me}

.

Word Count; 5,984

Costa stared at the man, kneeling before her- the man she'd spent the majority of her life fearing.

He seemed so much smaller now that he was groveling before her and she'd suddenly realized how big she'd become, and not in the physical sense. Yes, she'd packed on muscle and a couple more inches to her height over the past year but what had really changed was her identity.

She'd somehow subconsciously made herself so much bigger than the one person she'd feared most in her life.

Dabi hummed an eery tune as he squeezed the place in between Gael's shoulder and neck, causing him to wince. Then he was pushing down on him, his palm heating up dangerously. Costa could tell he was starting to hurt her father by the smell of burning fabric wafting her way.

Costa felt ill, physically ill, but her brain had somewhat cleared within the past minute. She'd abruptly kicked into fight or flight mode- which only consisted of fight mode- where she'd come to the conclusion that she first had to analyze what exactly was happening here.

First of all, it was clear why Dabi had brought her father here and it sure as hell wasn't because they were on the same side. He seemed to have tricked him into coming... but how? For what? Why?

What was in it for him, since he obviously did not want to see her?

She kept her lips tightly pressed together, allowing Dabi to try and answer the invisible questions dancing around in her eyes.

"Why'd you join me here today, Gael?" Dabi asked with a sigh.

Gael bit back at him. "You bastard. You tricked me."

Dabi pressed his palm harder into his shoulder and Gael hissed, his face screwing into one of pain. "God dammit." Costa didn't say anything, still too in shock to find words.

"Tell her why or I'll burn your flesh and then your insides with it." Dabi smiled mockingly at Gael, trapping a mouse into a duel with a lion. Costa saw the panic that flashed over her fathers features after the threat, but she was not about to provide him any aid. Like hell, he didn't deserve that. She only stared at him, her expression turning sour.