Forty-Eight

Thank you for 30k, I love you all!

.

{Strong as hell}

.

Word Count; 4,588

Costa was forced to lay in that damn hospital bed for another full day, bored out of her mind.

Katsuki and Mirko had visited when they could, the former sneaking around Hawke's schedule to keep her company. But he'd failed, given Costa had grinned the time Hawkes opened the door, catching his intern sitting in the armchair with his feet propped up on her bed.

The way Katsuki's eyes widened when they'd locked onto the hero had Costa clutching her stomach in a fit of laughter. Hawkes had briefly wished her a swift recovery before snapping his fingers at Katsuki to get his ass up and start his afternoon patrol.

He'd grumbled as he left the room, his fingers grazing the underside of Costa's chin as he stepped away, leaving her in the silence of the white room.

Then she'd finally gotten a call from Hana, who'd just found out about the whole ordeal through a call from Aizawa. Mirko and Hawkes had passed on the message of her current... situation to her homeroom teacher. Apparently, it was policy to inform her legal guardian of what was going on, much to Costa's dismay.

She cringed, holding the phone away from her ear when she'd picked up. Hana had immediately started screaming at her, angry she hadn't received a call from her niece first and ranting about how pissed she was that she had to hear about it from Aizawa, who she totally had a little crush on. Costa let her scream for a minute, simply setting her phone down in her lap, pinching the bridge of her nose with a stressed sigh. After the yelling had died down, Costa had let out a blunt, "You done?"

"Yes! No!" Hana sounded exasperated on the other line. "You need to stop getting yourself into trouble so often! I heard... I heard about what you did."

Costa's eyes widened as she snatched the phone up, pressing it against her ear. "You did?"

A sigh. "Yeah, I'm not supposed to talk about it over the phone due to "confidentiality agreements" but it was stupid and reckless and you could've gotten yourself killed!" Costa rolled her eyes, slumping back against the pillows. She let out a breath at the stiffness in her limbs, the brief sting in her injuries. They were healing nicely, thanks to Endeavors team of healers, but she still wasn't in the shape she wanted to be in when returning to Mirko's agency.

"Oh I know, I got an earful from Mirko..." Costa said, a slight smile forming on her lips at the thought of her favorite hero looking out for her. Hana paused briefly, nothing but static and the bustling sound of a hospital on the other line. Costa furrowed her brows, waiting a few second before asking, "Hana?"