Twelve

.

{Todoroki Likes Manga}

.

Word Count: 4313

"Okay, ready?"

"Yeah", Costa replied, shifting her weight on her feet that were firmly planted on the skateboard covered in stickers. Sero took a step back from spotting her as she put her right foot down on the ground and pushed off the concrete.

She balanced herself, planting the foot she'd pushed off with on the back of the board, angling her left foot at 10 o'clock. She wavered a bit as the board rolled down the sidewalk outside the training facility the rest of their class was in.

"There you go, keep pushing", Sero said from a far and she obeyed, sending her right foot back from another push.

It was harder than she thought it would be. Not that it would take her very long to learn, she was a fast learner and this was just another skill to check off on her list of appreciative qualities in a hero. She never thought skateboarding would make it on the list though.

She smiled as she relaxed her shoulders and rode the board smoothly, her knees slightly bent, arms out to her sides. She'd shrugged off her gym uniform jacket and tied it around her waist, leaving her upper body in the white tank top provided with the uniform. Her new, white sneakers were now scuffed and a little dirty from practicing for the past hour but she didn't care.

All she cared about was getting better... and faster. As soon as possible.

Sero was very kind and generous for teaching her, willing to lend a helping hand to his classmate without hesitation. Just that morning Costa had decided she wanted to try out that idea Momo gave her about the "light-bending-board" but knew she needed to start out with something a little more basic.

Everybody knew Sero liked to skateboard. Not only did he talk about it a lot but he spent every Saturday morning at the skate-park to have let loose and unwind from a week full of hero training. He was also happy to have had the break in between school years to pick up a few more tricks on the board.

So that very morning Costa went right up to him at breakfast.

"I need your help with something", she stated blandly, her big golden eyes peering up at him seriously.

He choked on his toast when she strode right up to him so abruptly. She didn't notice how odd it may have seemed until he started choking. "Sorry", she cringed, patting him on the back as he reached for his water and took a swig to cure the commotion going on in his throat.