Fifteen

.

{A Series of Unfortunate Events}

.

Word Count; 5174

It was the third day of Bakugou and Costa's first mission in the Second-Year Group Studies Program and they were scouting... again.

Two days of doing nothing but sitting, watching, listening to each other breathe on the intercoms, and wishing they'd been assigned anywhere else but there, had broken down the excitement of the week.

Bakugou was especially grumpy, given he'd been internally smashing his face into a wall over the entirety of the situation while Costa had been knawing on her nails out of boredom, leaving them raw and nearly bloodied.

She grumbled in annoyance, pulling on the sleeves of her costume to conceal her hands from her view so she'd stop chewing on her nubbed fingernails. Instead, she slipped the cola-flavored sucker out of her pocket and unwrapped the paper covering to pop it into her mouth. She sighed and leaned back on the wall she'd been stuck to for the majority of her stay.

Bakugou took one look at her fingers the night before when they'd walked back to their hotel and sent her the most disgusted expression she'd ever seen before saying, "Jesus, go suck on a lollipop or something. Gross."

She narrowed her eyes, offended by his comment even if he'd actually said something smart to her for once. She pulled the sucker from in between her lips with a 'pop' noise before shoving it right back into her mouth. After he'd said that, she laid into him with all of the exhaustion and frustration she'd built up over the span of two days.

She doesn't remember exactly what she said. But the words 'bitch', 'die', and 'suck my dick' were thrown in there somewhere. Either way, it caused him to wake up that morning with an especially sour attitude.

Thank God Fat Gum left early that morning on his own mission so that Costa and Naganori were the only ones that had to experience his 'wrong side of the bed' behavior. Costa immediately started bickering with him the moment he snarled at Naganori and called him a 'son of a bitch' for greeting him politely.

Then it spiraled into a fight that had Naganori pushing them out of the agency doors before they caused too much attention. He then sent them to their scouting positions earlier than usual to cool off from the heated interaction, which Bakugou was no doubt still pouting over.

Costa rolled her eyes at the memory of him storming off in the direction of his stakeout spot, hers a mere pain to come into view with how familiar she was with it by now. She readjusted her position on the window ledge, leaning her temple against her knee for support as she looked out over the cottage for the billionth time that week.