A Child who needed Love

Start from the beginning

Jinhua just chuckled lightly as she ruffled the child's head full of curls, "Yep. Now what do before we start playing?" She raised a finger with an expecting look as if asking him what the answer would be.

Ren leaned lazily over her lap with a bored expression, "Explain what I did to your companions then play."

"Good." She continued to comb her fingers through the child's hair as a little reward for answering correctly.

The little prankster didn't know how to feel at the moment expect to embrace the warmth that was given to them as they relaxed to the woman's touch. A goofy smile overtook they're face as they leaned into the touch with a longing look as they closed they're eyes.

"Well?"

They opened their eyes to look up and see the view of Jinhua smiling softly down at them. The softness and genuine kindness swirling through their cat like irises. Her golden locks slightly came undone so they saw some strands fall over her face like golden threads.

The sunlight that peaked through the branches landed on the gold threads and made them actually glow along her skin.

"It's nothing bad.. I just put them through a illusion in their mind and now their facing their greatest fears..."

"Greatest fears?" Jinhua tilted her head with her eyes slightly widening. Her gaze trailed over to Wukong as she watched Ren point at him snickering.

"His is kinda funny..!" Ren tried muffling his snickering but Jinhua could clearly see the amusing glint in his eyes.

"Am I in an illusion?" She stated with a thoughtful look.

Ren looked up at her in surprise, "Yeah...? How'd you know??" They leaned up and sat on her lap childishly.

Jinhua just started patting his head unconsciously as she let her eyes trail and scan her surroundings, "I'm sure normal trees don't smile back when you look at them..." And at that multiple trees started to shift away from the demoness as she pointed them out.

"So how long have I been in this illusion?" She smiled calmly back to the illusionist.

They blinked for a moment trying to understand how she can be so calm, "...Ever since you and that other monkey demon stepped foot in this forest..."

"I see..." She turned her gaze over to the still agonizing looking Monkeys, "I'm assuming that isn't real either...."

"Nope! On the outside, you guys are still being carried by the wind towards your destination. But instead your still under my protection in this forest so those nasty puppets won't touch you with me protecting you guys!" Ren explained happily as if they did something positive and expected to be given a reward for they're gracious deeds.

With a flick of they're spiked tail, the two monkeys disappeared into tiny bits of purple tinted sand piles. Leaving only Jinhua and Ren left in the forest clearing, surrounded by grinning trees and tall stalks of grass.

Jinhua awed for a minute and smiled down at the child once more, feeling a small warmth burn in her chest as she saw the kid start bouncing around happily at the attention she gave the them.