fourteen

"pretty awesome, right?"

-

october, 1984

IT WAS JUST MIKE, steve, y/n, melissa, max, lucas, and dustin at the table right now.

"did you guys know bob was the original founder of hawkins av?" mike asks them. "he petitioned the school to start it and everything. then he had a fundraiser for equipment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him."

he walked up to lucas, y/n and dustin.

"pretty awesome, right?" mike asks.

"yeah." dustin, y/n and lucas agreed while max and melissa stayed silent.

mike then put a blue cube on the table.

"we can't let him die in vain." mike spoke up.

"what do you want to do, mike?" y/n asks. "the chief's right on this. we can't stop the demodogs on our own."

"demo-dogs?" max asked, confused.

"demogorgon, dogs." dustin tried explaining. "demo-dogs. it's like a compound, it's like a play on words-"

"okay." melissa cuts him off.

"i mean, when it was just dart, maybe." dustin explains to mike.

"but there's an army now." lucas finished his sentence.

"precisely." dustin says.

"his army." mike realizes.

"what do you mean?" steve asks.

"his army!" mike looks at all of them.

melissa and max look at him weirdly.

"maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army too."

mike hands a drawing.

"the shadow monster." dustin says.

"it got will that day on the field." mike tells them. "the doctor said it was like a virus, it infected him."

"and so this virus, it's connecting him to the tunnels?" melissa asks.

"to the tunnels, the monsters, the upside down, everything." mike replies to her question.