three

"just hold on a little longer

"just hold on a little longer."

-

november, 1983

ELEVEN SAW CASTLE BYERS IN HER VOID, nothing else, just castle byers.

she went in and saw will laying down there there, shaking, and she saw y/n there, unconscious.

"you tell them, mom is coming." joyce tells eleven, which echos for eleven in the void.

"your mom.. she's coming for you guys." eleven says as she bends down to us.

"hurry.." will weakly says, then his eyes start to water. "y/n.. she won't wake up."

"check y/n!" joyce instructs eleven, which eleven hears echo.

eleven goes up to y/n.

"she's not.... breathing." eleven calls out. "gone."

"no, no!" joyce raises her voice. "you have to help her!" joyce cries. "do something! anything!"

eleven quickly went up to y/n, placing her hand above y/n's chest, using her powers to shock y/n's heart back.

y/n's eyes fluttered open, seeing her vision blurry, and feeling numb.

will quickly went over to y/n, cradling her in his arms, making sure she's safe.

she put him first the day they went missing, she was willing to sacrifice herself, for him. using the gun to help him.

so now, will was going to put her first. willing to sacrifice himself for her.

"she's ok." eleven softly tells joyce.

"you tell her and will, stay where they are! we're coming, okay!?" joyce instructs eleven.

"just.. just hold on a little longer." eleven says.

"will? y/n? will!" eleven calls, but then castle byers fades out from her void, and so does will and y/n.

"will?" eleven calls again.

"y/n!" she shouts.

eleven then brings her knees to her chest and covers her head with her hands, then she shoots up from the void back into the real world.

-

a few days later

joyce and hopper scrounged through the upside down, looking for will and y/n.

joyce then found will and y/n, but will had a creature on his mouth while he was unconscious, while y/n just laid there.

they went up to will and pulled the creature from him, then shot it dead.

"mo-mom?" y/n stutters weakly.

"y/n!" joyce shouts in happiness.

joyce then runs up to y/n and bends down to hug her, pulling y/n close to her, they both started crying, since it was an emotional moment.

"what about will..?" y/n asks.

joyce then runs to will and hopper carried him and laid him down.

joyce ripped off her helmet.

"he's not breathing!" joyce panics. "he's not breathing!"

"joyce, joyce. listen to me!" hopper tells her. "i need you to tilt his head back.. and lift his chin."

"okay." joyce agrees in tears and does what she's told.

"now, when i tell you, you're gonna pinch his nostrils, and breath into his mouth." hopper tells her.

"29, 30." hopper counts as he compresses on will's chest. "now, go!" he tells joyce.

joyce pinches his nose and breaths into his mouth, but no effect.

"oh, come on! come on!" joyce whimpers.

hopper continues to compress on will's chest. "come on, kid!"

y/n watched as this all happened, in horror.

"will, listen to me. it's your mom and i love you so much." joyce says. "i love you and your sister more than anything in the world! please!"

hopper continues compressing on will's chest, but it's way more aggressive.

will then shoots up and gasps for air and starts coughing.

hopper then brings an oxygen mask on will.

-