twenty eight

"it's like you're a ghost or something

"it's like you're a ghost or something."

-

march, 1986

hawkins

THE SCHOOL YEAR came around, all of them were freshmen now.

y/n went downhill a lot, after grieving melissa's death.

she started shutting her friends out, and barely speaking to them.

she felt so lost, knowing melissa was gone, her grades dropped, and she basically lost herself.

mike and y/n had a relationship going up until two months ago, when y/n broke up with him after an argument.

but after that break up, she went downhill completely.

and on top of that, she still had to deal with him because she was living with him.

y/n walked into mike's room, since they were about to leave for school with nancy, but mike still wasn't ready.

"the hell are you doing?" y/n harshly asked him. "it's ten after."

mike immediately got up from his bed.

"oh, shit. shit!" he cursed.

"you have thirty seconds, or me and nancy are leaving without you!" y/n tells him. "thirty seconds."

then she started to walk off.

"okay, i have to find my pants." mike says.

y/n and nancy waited for mike at the front door.

"mike!" nancy called.

"let's go." y/n added as nancy held up the keys.

"jesus. how am i gonna survive a whole week without you guys?" mike jokes.

"nine." karen reminded mike as he left.

mike and y/n didn't really talk anymore, like they weren't even friends.

and since mike thought y/n didn't want a relationship with him, he at least tried being friends, and help her basically find herself again.

but it wasn't easy.

once the three of them arrived at the high school, y/n put on her headphones.

"y/n." the school counselor, ms. kelley called.

y/n immediately turned around.

mike glanced over at y/n, but then him and nancy kept walking.

"where were you yesterday?" ms. kelley asks y/n, as y/n took off her headphones.

"oh, yeah. sorry, i forgot it was thursday." y/n apologizes.

"well, i'd like to see you today. come straight after lunch, okay?" ms. kelley tells her.