eight

"i think you're an idiot

"i think you're an idiot."

-

october, 1984

MIKE, Y/N, DUSTIN, MELISSA, LUCAS, MAX, AND WILL went to the av club, after lunch, like dustin instructed.

dustin opened his trap thing, to reveal a slimy like creature in there.

"his name is d'artagnan." dustin tells them, then picks up the small creature.

"cute, right?" dustin asks them.

mike furrowed his brows, and looked at dustin with confusion.

"d'artagnan?" mike asked in confusion.

"dart for short." dustin added in.

"and he was in your trash?" max asked.

"foraging for food." dustin replied to the girls question.

dustin then turned to melissa.

"wanna hold him?" dustin asks melissa.

"no, no-" melissa quickly replied.

"he doesn't bite." dustin assured melissa.

"i don't want to-" melissa tried to tell dustin, but dustin put the slimy creature into melissa's hand.

"what the fuck-" melissa curses, then passes the creature to max.

"oh, god, he's slimy!" max comments, then passes it to lucas.

"ugh, he's like a living booger." lucas insults, then passes the creature to will.

"ugh! oh god!" will says, then gives the creature to y/n.

"ew, dustin what is that!" y/n insulted, then gave the creature to mike.

mike took the creature in his hands, then slightly held it up, examining it, not wincing or anything.

"what is he?" mike asks.

"my question exactly." dustin said, not exactly answering the question.

dustin got out a couple books from his backpack and put them on the table.

"at first, i thought it was some type of pollywog." dustin began explaining.

"pollywog?" max asked in confusion.

"it's another word for tadpole." dustin explained to her. "a tadpole is the larval stage of a toad."

"i know what a tadpole is." max reminded him.

"all right, then you know that most tadpoles are aquatic, right?" dustin continued. "well, dart isn't. he doesn't need water."

"yeah, but, aren't there non aquatic pollywog?" melissa intervened.