thirty five

"now thinking about it, i wish i was nicer to him

"now thinking about it, i wish i was nicer to him."

-

march, 1986

hawkins

THE NEXT DAY, they walked through the forest, looking for eddie.

they heard on the news earlier, that patrick died too, his bones snapping, meaning vecna got him.

patrick was a guy on lucas' basketball team.

y/n walked with lucas, thinking about mike.

how she wished mike was there with her.

y/n decided to start talking, since she never talked to lucas a lot anymore.

"okay, so apparently we're going this way now?" y/n rants. "i swear to god, if they get us lost.."

y/n noticed that lucas was more quiet then usual though, so she stopped talking.

"hey." y/n calls, which makes lucas immediately turn to her. "you okay?"

"uh, yeah." lucas quickly replied. "i'm fine, just.. thinking about patrick, you know?"

"yeah." y/n replies.

"i mean, it's.. it's like, why him?" lucas asks in confusion. "but then, i remember this one day, he.. he came to practice with a black eye. he said he fell, but clearly he was lying.

y/n turned to lucas, glaring at him as lucas looked down, so he knew she was paying attention.

"it's like, everyone vecna targets has something in their life. something that's-" lucas continued, but y/n cut him off.

"hurting them." y/n finished his sentence.

the tentacles started going over to melissa, and they implanted her too.

"melissa!" y/n shouted in fear.

"haunting them." y/n added.

"yeah." lucas agrees, as his face softened. "i.. i didn't really know patrick, so it was easy to just look the other way, i guess."

"but mike did know you." lucas adds. "he's probably sorry he wasn't there."

"it's not his fault." y/n admits. "i disappeared, when i shouldn't have."

lucas nodded his head to signal y/n to keep going.

"now thinking about it, i wish i was nicer to him." y/n continued. "he was just looking out for me, and i broke up with him, and now i'm realizing how stupid that is. and, now, it's probably too late."