I made my way to the dispensary to grab some cones, craving a joint. I cruised calmly through traffic, not really feeling the need to rush so early before my day actually started. Messages from the Stars played softly out of my speakers.

Link pointed at me with his Vuse over the counter as I walked in. Grinning. I pointed back with my Novo.

"Heyyy! My man, whatcha getting?" He asked.

"Just a few packs of cones-," I paused. Would you wanna hotbox with me real quick?" I asked, seeing the lounge pretty much deserted. "Shit, why not?" He said. He grabbed like 3 packs of cones, and walked out of the shop.

"Don't tell my dad I took these," he shrugged as we stepped into the car.

"I don't really have a reason to," I said.

"Oooh shit man, nice new ride!" He said. "Chrysler 300 Tourig," he recited fondly. I reached into the backseat, producing the tin box. I pulled out the black bag inside, getting the half ounce I had stashed in a baggie.

"I love how fucking nice and simple this thing is," I said.

"Simple?" He asked, guffawing.

"I drive an 09 Malibu," he scoffed. "I mean, it's not stock by any means," he gestured to a car in the parking lot. It was a blacked out Malibu with BBS rims. You could tell some money, time, and some serious patience went into modding the car.

"I mean, this is the simplest car I got," I started, opening a box of cones. "I tried that modest shit with my dad and that just wasn't working for him. So I had to try and go on with an air around me. This is probably the simplest, most inexpensive car I own," I said, setting the rest of the cones in the box and beginning to grind the bud.

"Yeah, I feel you Prince Charming,"

"Prince Charming?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Prince Charming,"

"You're not already high, are you?"

"Maybe,"

"Get out of my car,"

"But so are you!" He whined.

"Fair point. The Link stays!" I cried triumphantly, pushing him playfully with my free hand.

"Oh, so you can get away with referring to me in the third person, but I can't call you Prince Charming?"

He took a long drag of his vape. "Hell, if anything I'm right; you look just like Prince Charming!"

I laughed heartily. "And what exactly do you look like?"

"Every other koopa to walk this earth,"

"Fair point there too," I grumbled, twisting the camel tip on the joint.

I took out my lighter, putting the flame to the twisted tip. I cut my AC on low and put on Good Times by Styles.

We smoked and when the song ended, Link put on Pass the Dutchie. I couldn't help but fling myself over the center console into Link's arms. He laughed so hard, his body shook violently, the ash falling onto the floor with each shake of his hand as he held the joint.

"This song puts everyone in the mood," he cried over the music. I sat back up, trying not to laugh myself. As if the lyrics cued him to, he passed the joint to me.

'Pass the Dutchie pon de left hand side!'

We puffed the joint until it was about gone. I put it in my ashtray. Link's eyes widened as he watched a customer park the car and get out.