Chapter 2 - Conspiracy

Chief Bloodborne

"Let us go see what these bastards want," Chief Bloodborne spoke before mounting his warg, Amity. Blackwater Hold was about a five-hour journey southwest of his mountains. It was already nearly mid-day. He and his men hoped to make good time. Jasper had rarely traveled outside the Orruk territory. Honestly, there was no need for him to leave.

His only interest was that of the Orruk. He focused on securing their land and allowing his people to prosper in the safety of their mountains. However, bloodshed had still found him. Much of Jasper's battle expertise came from fighting wars on his territory when the surrounding human kingdoms were arrogant enough to try and move in on their region. He had proven to be an excellent leader.

They traveled as fast as they could to shave off some of the time. However, the humans lagged behind them. Finally, off in the distance, they began to see Blackwater Hold. The structure was made of dark grey limestone and sat atop a cliff overlooking the inky sea. They had not yet arrived, but Jasper could already hear the sound of waves crashing, and the air began to smell salty. At the base of the castle was a village. The rugged path began to look more paved as they came closer.

Jasper smirked as several villagers gasped in disdain once they noticed he was inhuman. Most of them had never seen an orc. Especially not one freely riding a massive warg through their streets. He watched as they rushed into their homes like ants. One woman even went as far as to slam her window shutters. He knew what they all were thinking.

Up ahead, they saw a stable. Commander Tollak Began to slow his horse until he came to a halt. "We will dismount here and go on foot to the castle entrance."

Jasper climbed down from his warg and patted her on the head. Just then, two stable hands came out and began to gather the knight's horses. They looked surprised and were not sure what to do with the wargs. One of them approached Amity. She let a low growl and began to bare her teeth. The stable hand stumbled backward and fell right on his ass.

"Amity. Heel," Jasper commanded. "There is no need to board them. Torsten, stay with the wargs," he said to one of his men. Jasper stretched out his hand to help the young stable hand. However, the boy looked at him in disgust. Then, he pushed himself off the ground and dusted himself off before retreating to the stable. Jasper and his men looked at each other with contempt for these humans. The nerve of these people, he thought.

They continue up the road on foot before coming to a draw bridge. Funny, he thought. Protect yourself but not your people, referring to the lack of safety measures he saw in the village. It slowly cranked open before making a thud as it landed on the cobblestone road. They passed through the bridge and came into the courtyard of the hold. A knight stopped them at the front entrance. Apparently, King Corvus ordered that only the chief could enter without weapons.

Jasper felt uneasy and was skeptical of their intentions, but he could not turn down a proposition like this, even if it were a trap. He stopped in the foyer and took a moment to take in his surroundings. If this was a trick, he wanted to remember the way out. Corvus's men showed Chief Bloodborne to the war room. The mahogany doors were sealed behind him by two knights.

Before he could react, a large broadhead arrow pierced through his shoulder. The bolt came from a small slot in the wall and connected to a chain. The chain began to crank back in an attempt to restrain him. He could hear his men yell from outside. The sound of the crossbow had drawn their attention. These stupid humans forget our lupine ears offer exceptional hearing, He thought. He could feel his blood seep from his open wound and soak into the linen doublet under his armor.

It appeared he would need to fight with his bare hands. There were only a few times in his life when he was wrong. This time was not one of them. He assumed this was likely a setup but knew if he did not at least entertain this proposal, his men would be furious. Just then, a door across from him opened. It was King Corvus and two of his knights who were wielding spears. Their tips pointed out toward him.

"Well, well," Corvus boomed. "Once again, the orcs prove to be simple barbarians," he smirked as if he had already won. "With you taken out, I will be able to take the entire northern part of the continent and the precious metals in your mountains," he said confidently. "It's nothing personal, just business," he said. "Not that you'd understand the supremacy in property and trade."

For a moment, Bloodborne looked at King Corvus calmly. He was formulating what he wanted to say and do. "You honestly take me for a simpleton?" Bloodborne growled. His jaw clenched, causing his lips to twitch around his tusks. The ever-tightening chain caused him to stagger back a step.

Jasper took a few steps forward. The chain attached to the arrow pulled taught. The links rattled against each other as he moved. His eyes cut to it like a minor annoyance. He reached up to the head of the arrow that protruded from his armor with his left hand. He gripped it firmly, causing the sharp edges to break the skin on his thick, callused hands. He snapped the head of the arrow off like a twig, letting it drop to the floor. The shaft slowly slipped out his back, making a wet noise as it clattered to the ground.

King Corvus and his men broke their arrogant façade. The two knights hesitated before they charged forward, armed with spears. He ripped the spears from their hold. He grasped onto both knight's heads, one in each hand. His thumbs indented into their temples before smacking their heads together. Their bodies fell limp to the floor. He then finished them off, one by one, with their spears.

Before Corvus could not react, Bloodborne already had one of his massive hands wrapped around his throat. He lifted him into the air and smashed him into the limestone wall. "You will pay for your insolence, human," Bloodborne growled.

"W- wait, wait," he managed to choke out. "Don't- kill me."

Just then, orc warriors broke through the mahogany doors, soaked in Blackwater blood. "Gods, what the fuck is that smell?" Sten questioned as he stood in the doorway and sniffed the air. "Those bastards must have shit themselves," he said, looking at the two men on the floor. Then, Sten looked at the King pinned to the wall by his superior.

The room was quiet until the silence was interrupted by a dripping sound. Their eyes scanned the room, seeking the source of the noise. Sten suddenly boomed with laughter. "That cocksucker is pissin' himself. I didn't know King Corvus had a cunt," he chuckled, amused with himself.

Bloodborne turned his attention to the small man he pinned to the wall. Why shouldn't I kill you then?" he questioned.

Corvus gurgled, trying to force the words from his thin, dry lips, "My life for my daughter. You- can take my daughter."

"You would trade your own blood to acquit your wrongdoings? You are an evil bastard."

"I only have one life. I can have more daughters. They are useless to me," he croaked. "But to your kind, women are desired. Are they not? To continue your race?"

"If we are pillaging barbarians, what makes you think we would not kill you anyway and fuck every twat that resides here?" Jasper's grip tightened.

"I'd have her fuck an entire army to live. Women are but cattle. Besides, I know it is not the orc way to take women without their consent," Corvus admitted.

"So, you would be fine with orclings crawling from your daughter's cunt? If you hate us so much, why offer to intermix your bloodline with ours, creating what you see as an abomination?" Sten growled from behind the two.

The chief raised his free hand, demanding Sten's obedience. "You will relinquish your northern territory to me in exchange for your life," Jasper ordered.

Corvus's eyes darted around. He looked for any other option. The territory that Bloodborne was referring to was nothing but thick forests. However, it would give the orcs an advantage of cover if they ever went to war with Blackwater. Corvus's face was beginning to turn purple. He accepted he had no other choice but to comply. Toying with the Orruk was a mistake. Choking on his tongue, he spat out the word "Fine."

"Sten! Go collect his daughter," the chief commanded. "If your men dare cross my border again, there will be no mercy for you." Jasper dropped Corvus on his ass and turned to Sten. "Once you have the girl, mount up and ride back to the mountains. You will treat her with the utmost respect like any other female," he reminded his men. "I will take my leave then."