Costa deadpanned, sarcastically replying, "I thought you liked my honesty, or are you all talk?"

He grinned at her, "There's being honest and then there's being crass. Two different things."

"Whatever, you think I give a shit right now?" Costa was seething at him, her hands still throbbing with pain. The numbing cream was starting to kick in, but it was only doing so much to ease the pain. "Whatever it is you want to show me, or give me, I don't want it."

"Oh trust me, you will." Dabi smirked, knowingly, "I'll make sure of it, my angel."

He left without another word, leaving Costa slumped against the bars in defeat. She let out a frustrated noise, burying her face into her palms. She felt like she were about to burst, having been cooped up in this cell all damn day. And Dabi having a surprise for her? What was this, a rick? Or a trap?

All she knew was that she'd have to get out of this place before she to the chance to find out. Costa inhaled sharply, screwing her eyes shut, and breathed out slowly.

Okay, this would be fine. It wasn't anything like the obstacles she'd faced before, but it wasn't impossible. Although she didn't know the first thing about how to break out of a facility she know absolutely nothing about, unaware of where anything is, there was a chance she could somehow manage.

A slim chance, but it was a chance nonetheless.

As if a burst of energy hit her all at once, Costa jumped onto her feet and began pacing the cell. Her eyes scanned every inch of the room: from the chipped, tile flooring, to the stained concrete walls, to the leaves scattering across the room, to the dirty, creaking springs in the bed-frame of the cot- wait, who the hell puts a bed frame under a cot, and one with springs too...?

Wait a damn minute.

Costa dashed to the cot and yanked it right off its rusty, metal frame. The springs were small and tightly spiraled but she threw her head back and sighed freely when she saw them. If she could just get one free, she could try to pick the lock and crawl through the air vent.

How dumb did they think she was? She swore, in this day and age, people thought quirks were the only harmful weapon that could be taken away. They could never take away her wit or intelligence, which was poor on them. Maybe they should've fried her brain to keep her complacent instead of planting this fucking quirk in her.

Costa grabbed one of the springs and pulled, trying to unravel it into a straight rod. She grunted as she yanked at it, able to unravel it, but unable to disconnect it from the rest of the frame. Fucking metal. Costa twisted it for over twenty minutes and to no luck, it would not come off.

All she was left with was irritated calluses and the painful rubbing sensation of dry bandages on fresh burns.

She hissed, slumping down beside the cot for a break. She glanced up at the air vent she'd spotted earlier, during her conversation with Dabi. It was too small anyways, perhaps it was only wishful to think she'd be able to crawl up there and find her way out. Hell, she'd probably fall right through the ceiling the second she was up there.

She inhaled sharply, pressing the heels of her palms into her eyes.

She tried twisting and pulling at the metal spring for another hour before the door creaked back open and Dabi waltzed inside. Great, time for her stupid present already.