There was a large lake in the far end making Lei quite interested in the view.

"Is this supposed to be Camp Rock or something?" She mumbled to herself.

"Something like that, except the sudden singing, dancing, and snobby rockstars."

She turned to look behind her at the voice heard, to see a woman in front of her.

"Hello, I'm Ms. Sally. You're one of the new counselors right? Lei?" She asked with a nice smile as she extended her hand for Lei to shake.

Lei awkwardly looked at her hand for a second before shaking it.

"Yeah. I'm Lei." She introduced herself with a small nod.

"See? You're already making friends." Her father said as he walked towards them with a bright grin, Lei's duffel bag in his hands.

She took it with a sigh and looked towards the lake.

"You must be Mr. Pines."

"Yep, Pine like a pinecone." He tried to joke making Lei shake her head in embarrassment.

"And you must be Naya." Ms. Sally said nicely as she looked at the girl standing next to Lei. "How old are you?"

"I'm almost twelve."

"That's great. That's the best age."

"I disagree but okay." Naya said with a big smile as she grabbed her bag from Mr. Pines' hand.

Ms. Sally raised her eyebrows in amusement as she looked over at Mr. Pines who only shook his head.

"I can take them from here, Mr. Pines, there's no need to worry."

"Okay." Mr. Pines sighed as he looked over at Naya, wrapping his arms around her. "You take care, and follow everything that your instructors tell you."

"Dad, I'm not ten anymore." She muffled as her cheek was pressed against his chest.

Lei stared at her father as he watched Naya hug her mother, instead of facing her.

She wasn't going to pretend like she wasn't a little hurt that he didn't reach to hug her too. Even if they weren't going to see each other in almost two months.

She looked down at the ground as she heard him get in the car.

"Lei!"

Her gaze went to the car as the window on her stepmother's side was down.

"Have a great summer! Take care, sweetie." She said softly and Lei gave her a small smile.

"Thank you."

She watched the car drive off before she heard a small sigh come from her side.

"Well, we can head inside for check-in now." Ms. Sally said excitedly as she gestured for the girls to follow her.

*******

"Lei, you will be in cabin 407. And Naya, you will be in cabin 406. Right next to each other." Ms. Sally smiled as she walked them to a box that was in the corner. "Now, I know this will be the hardest part. But we encourage every one of our participants to leave your cellphones in this box, just to live more through our eyes than our screens."

Lei stared at the box for a second as she felt a chill crawl up her spine.

We're in the woods, with no cellphone?

She hesitantly dropped her phone and headphones into the box on top of the other ones, and so did Naya.

"Right now, I'll be a little busy but I can find you other campers that can show you around." Ms. Sally said quickly as she saw more campers arrive.