Chapter 29

"I am starving!! Walk faster, you both.", Dipika said, frowning at them.

"Ohh.. please. You are not starving. I saw you eating a sandwich half an hour ago. You are here only to see him!", Shreya said, smirking at her.

"Yes.. Admit that!", Diya said, laughing. Although she was here for the very same thing, to see her significant other. She hasn't seen him at all today. No new messages, nothing.

"Fine.. I came to see Kabir. Now walk before he eats and leaves..", Dipika said, accepting defeat.

"Why can't you just tell him that you like him??", Diya asked, following her.

"Says the person who has zero experience with these stuff. You have barely dated anybody..", Dipika rolled her eyes.

"And all of them, complete a**holes..", Shreya said.

Not All of them!! She wanted to go for a comeback but decided to play it cool.
This was not the right time to tell them. She was scared, confused and just utterly happy. And somehow this fear that sharing it with others would ruin this equation, terrified her.

She followed them into the cafeteria and her eyes started fishing for that big blue fish.
And surprisingly, he wasn't there.
She sat down next to the two of them, bit disappointed.

Where are you?- D
She texted him and quickly put the phone into her pocket. Pockets! Finally she was wearing something which had pockets..

"I am right here!!!", He popped up right in front of her. Zafar laughed, seeing her reaction as he sat down.

"Looks like you were expecting someone else..", He said, smiling. She gazed at him as he made himself comfortable.

"Coffee??", She asked, without answering his question.

"Iced americano..",He said, relaxing himself against the chair opposite her.
He was 80% sure of what was actually going on. Jai was never this secretive about anything. He was happy nevertheless, this girl did seem right for his Jayanti.

"So.. how is it going?", He asked as she sipped some hot tea off the cup.

"All good..", she replied. He smiled at her, unconvinced by that answer. He hated being left out of the secret messenger chain.

An awkward pause continued for about two minutes, till the door flung open again. Jai walked steadily in a hurry, his hand tidying his messy hair as he looked across the room. The cafeteria was a bit more busier than usual.
He grabbed a cup of his coffee and a few cookies and walked over to her table, where his best friend was also present.
Chocolate chip ones are her favourite.

"I thought you were staying upstairs only..", Zafar said, raising his eyebrows.
Jai slightly pushed the plate of cookies towards her, not breaking eye contact with his best friend.

"Not everything happens according to what you think!", Jai said, narrowing his eyes at him.
Zafar could, very well make out what he was referring to.
He gave his best friend a very mischievous smile before his next move.

"Diya... I was wondering if you were an artist.", Zafar said, causing both of them to look at him, puzzled.

"Because you did a good job, drawing me in", He said, smirking.

She laughed, wondering how this man had an insane collection of cheesy pick up lines. But not everyone around that table had similar reactions.
She kicked his leg, under the table indicating him to atleast smile.

"Come on.. it's funny.", She said.

"Diya... Let's go! Sonia wants to talk..", Dipika said, holding her hand.

"Right now??", She asked, before glancing at him for a second.

"Yep.. Right now!", Dipika said, peeling her away from the table. His eyes followed her till she walked out throught those doors, until she was finally out of his sight.

"So?", Zafar smiled at him.

"Cut the crap! And tell me what is going on?", Jai charged at him as soon as possible.

"Exactly... What is going on????", Zafar said, poking his chest with his forefinger.

"What?"
Jai looked at him like a burglar caught in the act. He knew that this boy would have it all figured out by now.

"Laughter in the background while you spoke to me in the car.
Jealous outbursts on hearing about Kabir's crush.
Deliberate attempts to stand closer to her during the party.
Pushing the chair away.
Always busy , even when you are not at office or at home.
Occassional smiling while texting.
Too much effort in your dressing.
And Chocolate Chip Cookies!
LHS = RHS
You are dating Diya Srinivas."
Zafar gave out a triumphant laughter at the end of his proof monologue as his friend looked at him with utmost bewilderment.

"Should I fall on your knees or give you an award?", Jai sighed.

"Give me the truth. That will suffice..", Zafar said, grinning at him.

"Fine.. We are dating.", He admitted.

"Seee.. I am always right!", Zafar was overjoyed.

"Then what was that? Cheesy pick up lines.. Chair mix up. What is wrong with you?", Jai smacked his head.

"I wanted you to admit it...", Zafar said, pinching his cheek. Jai pushed him lightly, rolling his eyes.

"She is a really nice girl.. Please dont mess this up.", Zafar said, earning a glare from the other side.

"It's nice to see you this happy after a long time.. You deserve it.., Jayanti Mehra.", He hugged him, abruptly catching him offguard.

"Get a room, you two!", Ayesha sighed, as she sat down opposite them.

__________________________
Apologies for the late updates.
Will try to make up for it in the upcoming chapters..
How was the chapter? 🫡
Too short probably. Sorry Again

Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far.
Please vote and comment down below.

Thank you for reading this💕
Whatever happens, happens for the best
Have a fabulous day ❤️