Chapter 14

"I didn't expect that...", Diya whispered.

"Me neither.", Jai replied.

He didn't expect his aunt to refer to her as the bahu. Or his mother hugging her tightly.
Weirdly tight. The twinkle in his mother's eyes.. he knew that she had instantly developed a liking for Diya.

"Where are you going??", Jia laughed.

He stopped in his steps.
"I know you both are inseparable.. but your room is downstairs! She can stay upstairs peacefully, with noone disrupting her sleep." , she winked at him.

Diya laughed, earning a strong glare from him.
"Ahemm... I don't understand this eyelock language.", Jia said.

"Don't hangout with this girl!", Jai says, before going downstairs swiftly.

"Are you guys actually dating?", Jia asked.
Diya freezed in her spot. Did she find out already?

"I always told him that any girl who dates him would be probably blind.", She laughed.

Diya smiled. She could see glimpses of him in her. Her brother used to say the same thing. Must be the younger sibling energy..

"This is your room! I already took over this one before someone else snatches it away. The view from here is magnificent.. Aditi wanted this room so badly. Anyway I gave her the key to the adjacent room before she start her drama.", Jia showed her around.

"It's really pretty, Jia. Thank you..", Diya said.

Knock. Knock.

"Bhai is so impatient!", Jia says, before opening the door.
Diya laughed seeing her nonchalant behaviour. She was adorable.

She was reminded of the time, when she begged her mother to give her a baby sister. But instead, Deepu made his royal entrance.

"Oh.. It's Maa. You will be flooded with visitors I think..", Jia said, as her mother stepped inside.

She smiled genuinely at her.
"Everyone's wearing white for the evening dinner. I figured you might not have known about it, so I brought a white sari for you."

Jhanvi opened the cover and placed the sari on the bed.
"I don't know what the current trends are.. I just thought it will look good on you..", She looked at Diya.

Diya picked up the sari from the bed and smiled sweetly, " Thank you, I love it.."

Jhanvi smiled back at her in 10x volts.
"Woww.. Maa. Did you forget you also had a daughter before giving this to her?", Jia asked, faking her anger.

"You already have sooo many clothes. Still complaining that you have nothing to wear...", Jhanvi rolled her eyes.

Diya smiled, seeing their exchange.
"Let's go downstairs then.. we should let her rest.", Jhanvi squeezed her hand before turning around to leave.

Jia winked at her, making her laugh.

_______________________________________

She called her mother and filled her in with all the fake details for the day. She unpacked her luggage and arranged it in the closet, except the white dress that she brought for the evening.

She could have told her that she already knew about the colour code for the night. Or showed her the dress that she brought. But she didn't. She didn't want to.

She took a small nap before prepping to go downstairs.

She looked at herself in the mirror. She has never really liked white. But it does suit her. Very well.

The knock on the door, pulled her away from the mirror.

"Hey... Is it time already?, She asked, opening the door to find him.

He wanted to say something. He climbed up the stairs to tell her something. But it all seemed unimportant now. She was a vision in white. He had to shake himself out of his indecent thoughts.

"No.. just 30 minutes early. I thought you wouldn't be ready yet.", Jai replied.

She moved aside, gesturing him to step inside. She closed the door behind him.

"Your mother is soo sweet, Jai.. I love the sari.", She looked at herself in the mirror again.

"She seems a bit settled ,now that she has seen you. Otherwise she would go on and on about how she doesn't want me to die alone.", Jai chuckled.

Her back side was facing towards him as she did her hair. Her semi backless blouse was gaining his attention. The triangle cut in the middle showing off her skin, glowing under the light. It made him uneasy.
She turned around and smiled.

"Jai and Jia, your parents are creative.", She laughed.

"Ohh.. yes. My parents had an arranged marriage. My dad didn't even see her till the day of their wedding, but still decided to get married because her name starts with J.",

She giggled.
"Your room is bigger than mine .", He looked around.

"Yes.. thanks to your sister."

"She is the troublemaker. But I can say she likes you. Our plan seems to be working well till now.", Jai said.

"She is adorable..", Diya picked up her heels from the closet. 

She seated herself on the chair to put it on. Her sari was making it difficult to bend down and capture the straps around the ankle. He looked at her as she struggled with it.
Several attempts at it.

"Mind if I help?", He asked finally.

"Thought you wouldn't ask..", She lifted her leg.

She was finding it arduous to stay still in her seat as his fingers touched her ankle. The small tingling feeling in her stomach as his fingers brushed against her flesh. He fastened the strap across her ankle securely.
He lifted his eyes to meet hers. He wanted to do more.
He wanted to trace his fingers up her ankle, up her leg.

_____________________________________

How was the chapter? 🤧

Are you the only child / younger sibling / older one ?

Vote and comment down below if you wish to see more and more about how this story goes on..

I am such an idiot!
I accidentally deleted the next chapter which was almost done 🥲
Now I have to write everything from the beginning.. so please bear with me..

Thank you for reading this.. You make my days better 💖

Have a wonderful day ahead. ❤

Read count: 1

Read count: 1.53K
16/04/2022