Chapter 5

He looked at her ridiculous picture in the Id, which looked nothing like her.

"Wow.. pictures can't do justice to this face.",even his thoughts were sarcastic.
Jai smiled unknowingly.
Her cute face looked stretched out and plump in the picture. Her eyes looked out of proportion, the left one smaller than the other.

He picked it up and went back to the car which was now preoccupied by his best friend.
"Done with your flirting?", Jai asked, seating himself in the driver's seat.

"Not my type..", Zafar replied, disinterested.

"Well, there is never a girl who isn't your type.", Jai rolled his eyes.

"Why are you carrying around an aadhar card?", Zafar asked, seeing the id in his hand.

"Not an aadhar card. It's our office id.
Someone left it on the floor.", Jai replied, starting the car.

"This does look like an aadhar card photo", Zafar laughed.

"She is actually pretty cute.", Words flowed  out of his mouth just like that.

"Ohh really?? I have never heard of you finding some girl cute.", Zafar was interested now.

"I just don't lie...."

"Someone's got a small crush...", Zafar looked at the id again, saving the name and all the necessary details in his mind.

___________________

He looked at the huge TV screen infront of him again.
He was bored.. as usual. His eyes and thoughts drifted back to the id card again.

No..no..no..

He refocused again and changed the channel. Same old stuff everywhere.. how did TV become like this?

He stuffed a few chips into his mouth and picked up the id card again.
He could feel the tension rising up inside him as he dialed the number on the card in his phone.
Her number..

Ring... Ring..

"Hello?", He heard her voice and quickly realized it was the most bizzare idea ever.

"Hello??", She spoke again as there was no reply on the other end.

"Ask her..", he took in a deep breath.
1...2...3..

"Hi.. I just found your id........??", He started at the wrong timing, she already hung up the call.

He looked at his phone blankly. Why did he suddenly feel lost rather than being relieved? It was complicated now.

He dialed the number again.. this time with boosted confidence.

"Hello?? Who is this??", Diya almost shouted through the phone, out of annoyance. Quite normal for someone being interrupted at 2:00 am in the morning, during her Netflix time.

"Jai Mehra."

It rolled out of his mouth in the most hasty way. Well, she did ask him who it was..
His mind was lit again - now she will be thinking he is some stalker with her number.

"What?.. "

He opened his mouth again to explain the situation but was quickly shut off.

"Dipika!!! Stop annoying me like this..
At 2:00 am in the morning! Let me sleep for now. Stop targetting me for your pranks..bye. And Good night!",

With this.. she hung up the call,unaware of the puzzled guy on the other side.
One lesson learnt... don't call at this time again.

Texting maybe? He was amused how she quickly thought it was prank. But more amused about how he might be a topic of discussion among the girls, otherwise why would he be a potential object for a prank.

He quickly saved her number onto his phone - Prank call.

He typed out a message.. or maybe 15 messages, if typing and erasing counts.
Finally pressed on the sent button  on finding an 'appropriate' one.

"Hey.. This is Jai Mehra.
I found your Id card in the parking lot today.
Meet me in the coffee shop infront of the building gate at 7 to get it back.
And this is not a prank call..",

"Good.. It has an authoritative tone to it", He was pleased with his small message.

________________________

5 Chapters in.. how do you guys feel?

Don't forget to vote and comment below.
Quicker updates on the way and have a nice day.