Chapter 19

"So..."

"What?", She asked, lying down next to her.

"How was Haridwar?", Dipika asked.

"Good..", Diya said, facing the ceiling.

"What did you pray for?", She asked, examining her face.

"For the health and well being of my future husband..", Diya replied, making her laugh.

"Tell me...", Diya held her hand.

"What?", Dipika smiled, very well knowing what she was referring to.

"Kabir Sinha...", Diya raised her eyebrows.

Dipika smiled softly. Her face almost red with all the blushing.
"There is nothing much to tell...", She said, laughing lightly.

"Then there is certainly something...Lookk at your face, Deeps!! You like him?"

Dipika nodded.
"I don't know about him. We have been hanging out a lot lately.. And he is such a nice guy. And we get along so well...."

"Anddd.. You Like Him!!!", Diya laughed.

"Shut up!.. Stop embarrassing me..", Dipika hit her hand, laughing.

"Diya Srinivas! How was your trip to Goa??", Shreya entered the room, alarming them both.

"Haridwar... She went to Haridwar with Aunty and Deepak.", Dipika tried to clarify.

"That is what she told us..", Shreya said, looking straight at Diya.

"What?", Dipika looked at her as well.

Shreya held out the boarding pass that she found inside Diya's drawer.
"Wow... Beach instead of Gangajal..", Dipika glared at her.

"I can explain..", Diya said.

"You betterr..", Shreya replied.

"Stop looking at me like I am some culprit!"

Both of them did the same. They could sense that she had something going on. Dipika got up from the bed and snatched the boarding pass from her. Business class apparently..
1 passenger.

Diya heaved in relief.
1 passenger.
Good.

"So who were you with??", Shreya asked.

"..Nobody.. It is clearly said, One passenger.
I was alone. ALONE....", Diya asserted.

"Okay... Why are you being so defensive about this?", Dipika laughed.

________________________________________

She stared into the screen blankly. Nothing seems to be working out today.
She refreshed the screen again.
No new emails.

"Are you done with it??", Sonia asked.

"No.. they haven't contacted back yet.", She replied, refreshing the page again.

"Did you try calling them??", Sonia asked, getting irked.

"I did.. They told that they will send a confirmation soon by email.", She said, sipping her coffee.

"That was 30 minutes back!! Call them again.. You can't laze around with this simple task for the whole day! We have lots of work to do!", She paced off in anger.

Dipika gave her a reassuring smile from across the room. She took a deep breath and picked up the phone to contact them.

She pressed the numbers on the landline as she heard the main door opening. She felt her attention shift from the numbers to the person who walked in. Wrong timing as always..
Everytime she prays that she doesn't see him, the universe drops him in front of her immediately.

His eyes focused on her religiously as he walked past her cubicle. She didn't look him in the eye. But it was back. The dead butterflies were back. The evocative memory of their passionate kiss was back.
She dialed the number properly, pretending to ignore his presence. He could sense it very well, but calmly opened the door to Ayesha's cabin and entered inside.

She sighed in relief. The phone was ringing for 10 secs and then got switched off.
She refreshed her page again. New email!
Another sigh of relief.

For the next 10 minutes.. everything went well. She got up from her seat to grab a coffee for herself but sat down quickly as she saw Sonia approaching her.

"WHO Asked you to call the manufacturer????", She was enraged.

Before Diya could present her side, Sonia went on and on about the new employees who doesn't understand the work ethics of this place. Responsibilities of this job.
The creativity of this integral department.

And then the door opened. Sonia stopped her blabbering in a microsecond as she saw him coming out. He sensed the tense atmosphere in the room. She looked tired, tensed, angry.. but still beautiful.

"Good morning.. Sir.", Sonia greeted him as he walked past them, his eyes discreetly pulled away from hers to avoid being noticed by others.

"Good afternoon.. Afternoon, Sonia.", He replied, clearly emphasizing on the time right now. Afternoon.
She hasn't returned any of his texts or calls since two days.

Her eyes followed him as he walked away through the glass door. She felt a twinge in her heart as she saw him gone. She missed talking to him.

"How does he know my name?? Omg..", Sonia was ecstatic.

She rolled her eyes. "Because I told him about how annoying you are.. And how you forget everything you say and call us irresponsible...",
That didn't come out of her mouth, thankfully.

"Anyways... Your design was not bad. And stop calling them all the time!!..", Sonia said, before returning to her seat, contented.

She felt like throwing out all the stationary on her table and pull out every strand of her hair in frustration. Why is everything so tough on her?

__________________________________________

How is it going ?? ☠

Don't forget to vote and comment down below. ⭐
Do tell me what you think about this story. Almost 20 chapters in..

Tell me the name of a country starting with the letter, Y.
Don't google it.

Have a great day.💖
Thank you for reading this. You make my days better. 🤧

14/05/2022

14/05/2022.
Read count: 2.86K