Chapter 20

He sat down on his bed after pacing around, contemplating if he should call her.
Doesn't matter if she doesn't feels the same, this weight would be off his shoulders forever.

He picked up the phone and called her.
At 2 AM in the morning.
He knew that she would be up late watching her sappy romcoms and reading till she finds out that the main leads are finally together.

"Hey..", She said, in a low voice. She figured that it might not be the best to avoid him like this. He was the first crush she's ever had in a long time. Apart from Timothée Chalamet, ofcourse.

"Thank God..", He sighed in relief.
Hearing her voice felt like someone lifted up a huge boulder that was on top of his chest all this while.

"Didn't you sleep already? It's 2 AM..",
She kept a bookmark in between the pages, before shutting the book.

"No.. I was hoping we could talk..", He said.

"What is it? ", She closed her eyes, laying down on her bed.

"Can we meet?", He crossed her fingers.

"Hmm.. I am just...."

"I will pick you up in 10 minutes..", He said, putting on his shoes. He looked at himself in the mirror and fixed his hair.

"Like right now????"

"Yeah.. Obviously.", He replied, before cutting the call.

She sprinted to open up her closet. She changed her pink power puff girls pyjamas and put on her slippers. She washed her face and clipped her hair to the side.
She tiptoed downstairs slowly and steadily, praying that nobody wakes up.
She opened the house door and ran towards his car.

"Hi..", He smiled softly as she sat down in a hurry, gesturing him to start the car.

"How are you??", He asked.

"I am fine..Jai. Did you ask me to meet up at 2 AM to talk about this..??", She looked at him. He didn't reply. She was beginning to feel that might have been a bit rude.

"No.", He stopped the car in a secluded area.

"What is going on, Diya..?", He turned towards her.

She stared at him, not able to answer. She looked down, at her fingers. She didn't want to look at him. It was horrible. He hasn't left her head all this while.

"I thought we had something... I couldn't just stop thinking about what happened. And you just shut me out completely.. avoid me like a plague.. I know this arrangement that we had. It wasn't supposed to end up like this..", He observed her.

She looked up at him. This weird feeling that she had in her stomach was lingering inside.
"I talked to Aditi...
Jai.. I just don't want to be put through this again. Me liking someone a lot.. and that someone not taking me seriously.  There.. I said it.."

He was puzzled before. It was clear now.
She spoke to Aditi.
"You decided that this might not work because Aditi told you what I think about you? Why didn't you ask me what I think about you, Diya ??"

"I am afraid if I ask you "what you think about me?
And then you reply.." I don't..",
She looked down again, not wanting to meet his eye. Not wanting to let out what she feels when he is around her.

He touched her fingers, wrapping them around his. She didn't look at him. She was amazed at the way the feeling inside her spiked up to the roof when he touched her. Just a small touch.

"I was anxious about the Jindal deal. Frustrated with the day's work. We had a meeting in the afternoon, sales dipped a little bit."

She was confused about what he was leading to but his gaze upon her felt much more intense.

"I walked out into my office balcony to get some air. And then I saw you.
Probably on the first day of work, sitting downstairs, sipping your tea while scrolling through your phone and Smiling from ear to ear.
I have never told you this..but  You have the most gorgeous smile that I have ever seen. It just creates this warmth inside me..
I don't know how to describe it..",
He gave out a chuckle.

"You like the colour yellow. Correction.. Love not Like. I hated it to the core. But now everytime I see yellow.. I feel good, refreshed. Because it had a new meaning to me now.
Everytime you walk past me, everytime you stop and look at me, my breath hitched.
Quite evident from the first time you looked at me in an elevator. I missed 3 floors..",

She smiled lightly.

"You argue with me.. try to present your point of view. You are constantly blabbering about how unfair life is. It makes me want to stop time. Never let this end..
Your laugh makes my heart stop. The mole behind your neck makes it difficult for me to stay in place. Yes.. I have noticed that.",

"You have no idea what you do to me.. Diya.
And you think that I don't think about you.
In fact all I ever do.. is think about you...",
He looked into her eyes.
Eyes that were mirrors to her soul.
Yes.. she was speechless.

__________________________________

What just happened?? 🙈🙈🙈

How was the chapter??

I surprisingly finished this in one go..
Sorry.. if it wasn't upto the mark.

Don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter ⭐❤

Spread love.
Not hate.

Have a phenomenal day.. 💖
Thank you for reading this. You make me feel wonderful...

 You make me feel wonderful

17/05/2022
Read count: 3.12 K