Chapter 3

She raced the scooty into the staff parking area. Opening the compartment box with the key, she quickly put on her staff id card and clutched her bag.

She heard the elevator door open.
"Waittttt!!!!!"

The door closed as swiftly as possible or was it because she was late and running on her heels...  starting her 2nd week at work

She sighed in disappointment and walked slowly towards the it, figuring that it might take another 5 minutes to come down again.
Much to her surprise, the door miraculously opened and he stepped out.

"Didn't you just scream "Waitttt!!!" and now you are walking like a snail??", Jai stood in between the doors to help her catch this small ride upstairs.

She was perplexed.
A ridiculously good-looking guy, standing in between the doors to let her in....
Finally, God has decided to shower his boy blessings upon her.

"Excuse me?", he pulled her out of her fantasy.

"Yes sir.."  She replied, quickly walking up to him.

"I don't think you need this elevator ride.. You are already further up.. living in the clouds."  Jai said, moving aside.

She smiled awkwardly... not a great idea to fight with the CMO.
He suppressed his urge to laugh.. she was cute. He instantly recognized this pretty girl whom he saw from afar.

"Did you take a half-day leave already??", Jai asked, pretending to look at the numbers changing in the small elevator screen.
She just nodded.

"Which team are you in?", Jai quickly realized he was going overboard with his curiosity.

"Design..", she smiled politely.

"Ayesha's team??".
Words were leaving his mouth almost instantly. What is going on?

The small arrow next to 7 disappeared from the screen. The door opened. It was the 7th floor.

"Yes sir..", she replied, turning around to face him.

One look at the light brown eyes of hers.. he was rooted to the ground. The sparkle it held, made him forget that the doors had closed again. She was the most beautiful girl, he had ever laid his eyes on...

"Sir? 7th floor...", She tried to remind him.

His eyes quickly shot up to the small screen.
8 ^, 9^ ......
He missed it..

12th floor. The door opened again.
"You don't need an elevator ride..
Looks like you are already further up.. living in the clouds..", She uttered, before stepping out.
He saw her walking in through the glass doors to office.. the doors closed again.
He pressed 7 on the number column, with a stupid grin on his face

__________________________________

"Half day leave? You just joined 2 weeks back, Diya..", Sonia aimed at her.

"I already informed...."

"What did you do till now? Went out shopping or a movie?", Sonia didn't let her explain.

"Ohh.. So that's what you do when you take sick leaves..", Dipika shut her down.

"It was an emergency, Sonia. And she is already here to start her work again. You seem to be more bothered by it than Ayesha Ma'am herself. Now.. Go and bother yourself with something else.", Dipika felt like she just fired 3 bullets into Sonia's chest.

"I was just being considerate, being your senior.", Sonia gave her an annoyed look before walking away.

"Considerate?? She just wants some gossip out of everyone.", Dipika said, leaning against her desk.

"I am ordering lunch.. You want anything??", Dipika asked, examining her face.

"I already ate.. Order for Shrey..", Diya dived into her pending work.

"You are okay, right??", Dipika touched her shoulder.

"Yeahh..", Diya lied.
Dipika went back to her desk, figuring out ways to cheer her up.

_______________________________

"Customers should be surprised, and given the higher offers, their demands change accordingly. It is our responsibility to understand what they want and keep up with the trends...", Jai stood up from his seat at the centre of the long meeting room table.

"Social media influencers can easily boost up our sales...", Palak suggested.

"I agree that social media influencers can bring in the attention. But we are an electronics company, not some random shampoo brand.", Shreya countered.

"And what do you suggest that we do then?,", Jai asked.

"People are hooked upto their social media portals, I agree. But there is a certain saturation level for these influencer marketing. Nowadays everyone's promoting the same shampoo, same cosmetics brand, same apps... Users get fed up with always hearing the same stuff everywhere.
I am proposing of a more different approach.."

"And that is..?", Palak asked.

"Surveys...", Shreya replied.

"Wow.. magnificent idea. Ofcourse, none of us knew about surveys.
It's outdated, Shreya. Listen to what your seniors have to say atleast.", Palak hit back at her sarcastically.

Jai observed the change in the order of the room. Shreya's face was visibly upset.

"Surveys are a good idea!", Jai spoke loudly.
All their heads turned towards him, as if he spoke some other language.

"Surveys may be outdated.. but it has always been a reliable source of customer input.
So, in this digital era, how do we make the customers take a survey?"

"Rewards...
We give them something in return for their small feedback. We get to know what kind if products they want and in return we give them something they like.", Jai said and looked around the table.

Everyone visibly satisfied with his idea.
"Great idea, Sir. It also shows the customers how much we value their needs.", Prasant said, and everyone agreed to his point.

The meeting went on for another hour.
"Let's wind up then...
Palak and Shreya, stay back. Everyone else can leave.", Jai said.

"Ideas keep marketing afloat.
Whatever it is, everyone deserves to be heard, Palak.
And I don't want any cold wars in this department.", Jai warned them.

"Yes sir..", Palak replied, mentally noting to handle Shreya sometime later.

____________________________

Random thought.. I like Palak Paneer.

I was fed up with the angry, headstrong and grumpy billionaire Ceo everywhere.. so I decided to change it a bit.

Hope you guys liked this chapter.
💪💖💪❤
Random emojis.. don't pay attention.

 don't pay attention