Chapter 4

"This Sonia is so damn irritating !!", Dipika started her ranting.

"Palak also..", Shreya joined.

"Who's Palak?", Dipika asked.

"Our Sonia..", Shreya opened her bag to pick up her lipstick, keen to discuss about marketing team version of the Sonia, Palak.

"These people, love picking on us for no reason..", Dipika made a pout, looking at the mirror. Fiery red shade of her lipstick suited her well.

"Not everyone.. Jai Sir is really sweet.", Shreya smiled.

"And.. Handsome.", Dipika attempted to tease her.

"Nothing can beat me in looks...", Shreya posed in front of the restroom mirror. Dipika rolled her eyes.

"This is why you are still single! Someone else can be prettier than you, Shreya..", Dipika laughed.

"First

"Where is Diya??", Dipika asked, running her fingers through her hair.

"Diya!! Come out na... Aren't you done playing Candy Crush already?
Who sits on the pot and plays while you are doing the deed??", Shreya called out.

"Coming!!!", they heard Diya from one of the bathroom stalls.

Sweet..(Candy Crush sound) they could hear the annoying robotic sound that came from her phone.

"Sounds like she will come out now.", Shreya washed her hands one more time.

"So.. you were saying??.", Diya asked, coming out of the bathroom.

"What?"

"You were saying somethig about Jai Sir.", Diya asked.

"Ooh.. so you were not focused fully on the game huh?", Dipika looked at her.

"Fully focused.. except when she heard his name!!", Shreya joined in.

"What is wrong with you people?", Diya asked, hiding her small smile.

"What?"

"Let her be..", Dipika mouthed to Shreya.

Diya chose to ignore that. She didn't want to play the victim again. She was tired.. tired for real.
Amit Kumar ruined her life, her confidence, her self respect. Her new job felt like the only good thing that was finally happening to her.

____________________________

"Hey.. Is Diya inside?", Kabir stopped by the huge glass door that lead into the marketing department.

"Yeah.. she's busy.", Dipika replied, slinging her bag around the shoulder.

"Till now?", Kabir asked, gazing at his watch. It was gettin late.

"She is working on something.. will probably leave in an hour or so..", Dipika smiled lightly before clicking on the elevator button.

"Ooh.. I will just go home then.", Kabir said, joining her.

He smiled at her politely. The elevator door opened and they got in. She picked out her phone and began texting Shreya.
She laughed at the meme that was shared in their group chat.

"Boyfriend?", Kabir asked.
Dipika raised her eyebrows at his question.

"Sorry.. I didn't mean to pry...."

"Its fine.. It was just this meme that Shreya sent.",
A wide smile spread on his face as she looked into her phone.
She finally noticed him fully, he was cute... and ....clean.
His clean haircut, cinnamon complexion and neatly dressed appearance worked well. His smile had a childlike innocence.
She quickly wished if she was the one he was waiting for instead of her best friend..

"That's really funny.. Was that a group chat?", Kabir asked.

"Yeah.. just the three of us.", Dipika replied  getting out of the elevator.

"Cute.. you guys seem really close.", Kabir followed her out.

"Yeahh, we are friends since college.",
She liked how he was interested in their conversation.

"Ohh.. How was Diya in college??", Kabir smiled.

All the progress that he made in her mind, washed away just like that. Ofcourse it was about her.. how can she forget...

"She was.......The same.. Nothing much changed.", she replied.

He noticed the pregnant pause in her answer but decided to let it go.

"Bye..Kabir.", She said, before disappearing outside the huge gate into the streets.

_______________________________

Shower..  Chai with Maggi... then Netflix.

Diya already made plans in her head, about how she would spend the rest of the night.
She messaged her Mom one more time, before inserting the key to start her scooter.

She heard a loud deafening horn from the back. She clenched her teeth in annoyance with the sound and sat on the seat.

Again the same horn.
She sighed and turned back, fighting back her urge to crash her scooty into the luxurious car behind her.

"Are you coming or not???", Jai rolled down the car window and called out to his dear friend.

"One sec!", Zafar shouted back.

Jai rolled his eyes, seeing him talk to a new intern. His fingers drumming over the steering wheel, out of the impure boredom that creeps in while waiting for a minute.
His eyes quickly fell upon her.. again.
To his surprise, she was staring back at him.

"Shit.. he saw me!", Diya's reflexes worked quickly as she turned around and started her scooty to flee the scene.

Swiftly putting her bag in storage box, she rode away in her unicorn, aka a normal bike... without realizing that her id card just slipped out of her bag, onto the floor.

_________________________________

More and more to come...
Please don't forget to vote and comment on the chapters!! ❤

Do tell me about how the story is..
I promise it will be more and more fun in the coming days.!

To whoever is reading this, I hope you have the nicest day everr🥺💖