"Yes." I said shamefully.

"Did you tell me even once about it?"

"No." I admitted.

"Did you let me believe that you actually like me?" He interrogated.

"I never thought..."

"Yes or no." He interrupted.

"Yes." Technically yes. Though I never confessed my love but there were many instances where anyone would think that I like him. In my defence, all was unintentional. And maybe it was because I did actually like him.

"Did you marry him in just a couple of months after our breakup?" He asked me.

"Yes." I admitted shamefully.

"What does that prove Mrs. Sameera Ahuja?" He asked finally.

"Ayan, I was..."

"Stop calling me that!" He shouted and punched the wall again before going back to take his seat. Tears flew down my eyes.

I didn't expect him to call out my mistakes like this. I know I made these mistakes and I am guilty about them.

"Ayan...I mean Aayansh..."

"Just leave. I don't want to talk right now." He said.

"But I want to." I said between my tears. "I will talk and you will have to listen." I said confidently.

"I was immature and stupid. And I did things which I am not proud of. Well, you can see the consequences of my decisions. But...but trust me I didn't cheat. I know I was still in love with Nikhil when I proposed you that day. Infact, it wasn't love. It was obsession. Ever since I was like thirteen I have been crazy over Nikhil. You remember the day you found me crying while I was drunk? I was crying because I realised my feelings weren't reciprocated. I saw him with someone and I felt rejected. But then... Then you came."

I took a pause and then continued.

"You took care of me. I still remember the next day I wasn't thinking about Nikhil but about the kiss we shared. And at that moment I realised that maybe I should get over my obsession. And, so I proposed you. Trust me I was serious about making things work. Making our relationship work. I really was serious about our relationship. I really liked you. Infact, I started falling for you. Fuck, I even had a bike ride with you after years." I said remembering the faint memory.

I looked at him. There was no reaction from his side. He was stoic. But I know he is listening intently. So, I continued.

"I wanted to tell you the truth. I wanted to confess so many things to you that day. But before I could all this happened. That day, when Nikhil kissed me I told him about you. I told him that I like you. But you got to know about it and I couldn't explain anything. I wanted to apologise but I couldn't."

I continued and apologized, "I am really sorry Ayan for everything. But trust me I didn't cheat on you. Everything that happened, everything that I told you was true with all my heart. I don't want you to make the same mistake as my father. The longer you will keep hating me the more regret you are going to feel."

I said everything that was in my heart and then looked at him. He still has no expression on his face. I just want to read his face. Want to know what is going on in his mind but I know he is not going to let me know what is going on in his mind if he doesn't want me to. So, I didn't ask. Instead I said, "Thank you for your time. Don't worry now I won't be wasting your time anymore." I said and left his office.

I am so Desperate for him to accept my apology but I know that is not going to happen. So, I am not going to waste anymore of my time on this.

This shouldn't affect me and I am not going to let it affect me. With that thought I returned home.

I got a call from Nikhil again that night. He is disturbing me a lot since the past few days so I decided to receive his call this time.

"When will you stop calling me?" I asked him irritably.

"Please, Sam I want to talk to you once."

"But, I don't!" I told him.

"Please Sameera. Just once. I just want to talk to you and explain myself. We haven't talked peacefully ever since that day even for once." He requested.

I remembered the conversation I had with Ayan just a couple of hours ago and I accused him of not giving me a chance to explain myself. So, I decided to not be that person and so I said to him, "Okay. Speak."

"Not on phone. Can we meet? Please."

"Fine! When and where?" I asked him.

"You can come just right now! I will send you the address of the hotel I am staying in." He said.

I agreed and he instantly sent me the address of the hotel he asked me to come. I went to the room he was staying in the hotel.

I wish I didn't.

∆∆∆∆

So, finally she told him everything, honestly. Do you Aayansh will trust her? Will he forgive her?

What do you think about this chapter?

Please give me your honest opinion on my writing, so far.

Thanks for reading!