💀Conflicted Memories: Part 30💀

Start from the beginning

"They knew they couldn't win against Charon, but yet they still came all the way here..." Ortho mumbled out. "They really care about their friends."

"I mean, is if really that simple? It's just scary to me..." Idia gulped nervously. (A/n: It's Rook, what did you expect?)

"Hmph. Room indeed bas a strong characteristic, but he is actually easy to get along with because he is an honest person." Vil chuckled softly. "The only person is that he could be insensitive because he is way too honest..... Thanks to him, I think I can challenge the magazine photoshoot next week in the best condition. Allowing the people from the outside to give something to the subject, is it the privileges only for the people you know? I appreciate it, boss."

"It's nothing. It's just the same as feeding jerky to a barking fierce beast to calm them down." Idia muttered out.

"You would ways speak in a way that would make people angry." Vil glared at Idia. "If you're done with your talk, I'll go back to my room now."

"Okay, see ya..." Idia mumbled softly as Vil left the room.

"Yes, this is Idia Shroud." Idia said as someone spoke through the speaker.

"Deputy Head, this is a report on the 'Lethe River' applied to Cass No. LOD-627." An Operator reported to Idia. "Charging 88% is completed now. Today 2000, including the Subject A to E inside the building. It can be used to the entire place of Sage's Island and the people concerned. The information that has been leaked to the internet is currently being handled by the Information Security Team, Mnemosyne."

"Okay, great job. Let's start the 'flood' at midnight." Idia muttered out.

"Understood. The Hexa Team will be sent to Sage's Island." The Operator hummed out.

"Noted. Ah, that's right." Idia hummed softly. "The next head of the Valley of Thorns, Malleus Draconia is at Night Raven Collage. The effect of 'Lethe" works differently for fae and humans, so be sure to adjust it carefully. It would be a problem if that clan with long lives remembered some information that others don't."

"Understood." The Operator hummed out.

"... If we use the 'Lethe River', everyone will forget about 'S.T.Y.X'." Ortho mumbled out.

"Yes. Even if we have the technology of 'S.T.Y.X', we can't rewind time." Idia nodded. "That's why we need to forcibly rewrite their memories that won't cause any discrepancy by using the 'Lethe River'. The memories of the five subjects will change to them receiving a special request from the academic medical center in the 'Kingdom of Heroes'. And they are cooperating with the investigation of Blot. It's being said that 'No wizards have come back after being taken to the Land of Grief'... But they will never come back if they forgot that they have come to this island."

"......... Will they forget the time we played games together?" Ortho asked, saddened by the news.

"Of course. And they will no longer see me as the Deputy Head of 'S.T.Y.X'." Idia nodded. "It will be just am 'Introvered Gloomy Otaku'. Ah, it won't change even if they remember the things here. Heehee!"

"....." Ortho was conflicted with the decision.

"... Ortho?" Idia turned to Ortho confused.

"... Eh?" Ortho snapped out of his thoughts and turned to Idia.

"You have been acting strange just now, do you feel unwell?" Idia asked. "Is there any problem with your circuit or reactor...? Should I give you maintenance just in case?"

"Don't worry! There is no problem with my body, your maintenance is perfect as usual." Ortho said reassuringly. "Maybe it take some time for my memory to process because we have experienced something that we usually won't do."

"Is it? Okay then..." Idia muttered softly.

"I'll check on Rook-San and the others at the training facility. I also need to tell them that we have delivered the Skincare Products to Vil-San." Ortho said to Idia.

"Yeah, okay. See ya." Idia said to Ortho with a nod. Ortho then left the room and head to the Training Facility. "... Ortho....?"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

In the Hallway, Ortho stopped in the middle of the hall. His mind conflicted with the memories they just made not so long ago.

"Don't keep the zero as it is, what is the thing that I can do....?" Ortho mumbled to himself.

"Let me tell you." A voice suddenly said to Ortho.

"Who is it!?!?" Ortho looked around him and down the hallways to see if anyone else was there with him. But no one but himself was there.

"... Come. Come here." The voice said to Ortho.

".... This voice comes from... 'Tartaros'?"

To Be Continued~