Lost and [Maybe] Found

Jennie was strapped to the table and Jennie didn't even feel afraid. She had refused to help her mother solve the mystery of the bomb the entire week and her mother had finally lost her patience with her.

Jennie started thinking maybe she really should have shot her mother after all considering. She was apparently just as sadistic as her father. The few days she had been there her mother had run around the facility bossing everyone around with such authority, creating so much fear that Jennie started to put two and two together.

She had always thought her father was the one that made decisions, but clearly, her mother had always been the boss. She had been smart enough to pretend she was stupid but apparently behind closed doors, her mother was actually very smart and incredibly cunning. The obedient housewife had all been just a facade. She fooled everyone, including Jennie.

So now Jennie found herself strapped to a table as she came to. She had fought off a few men before one of them finally managed to sedate her so she would stop struggling and now she was bound to a table and her mother was smirking over her.

"I'm not going to ask again. You will fix the research." Aeri threatened for the thousandth time that day.

"You can torture me all you want. I've had a lot of practice. My father made sure of that." Jennie taunted, managing a smile.

"Tell me what you figured out. I know you already know. The admiral might have not gotten it all but I could tell you weren't bluffing about figuring it out." Aeri said in a cold tone. "Fix my bomb."

"I don't know how to fix it. I'm just an incompetent doctor remember?" Jennie argued back, recalling all the taunts she got from her parents while she was in med school.

"Tell me what you figured out Ruby Jane." Aeri said as she slapped Jennie harshly.

"I didn't figure out much mother." Jennie answered once she recovered from the blow. "I got closer than you but I wouldn't be able to get it to work. I'm incompetent, just like you said all of those years."

"Tell me now!"

"There's nothing to tell." Jennie said again.

Aeri brandished a scalpel. She had lost her patience. She'd spent the last two days starving Jennie, cuffing her to a metal table with the papers in front of her so she would work on fixing the bomb but she refused to do it and Aeri was ready to take drastic measures now to get her to talk.

She needed to be more extreme. Aeri grabbed Jennie's arm and cut into it with the scalpel, letting her bleed.

"What did you figure out?" Aeri said menacingly.

Jennie didn't even wince as it happened. She had a high pain tolerance now. Especially after her father had used that hammer on her and broken several bones.

"What is it!" Aeri shrieked, cutting in deeper in anger.

Jennie didn't answer, choosing to mock her instead by smirking as her mother brandished the bloody scalpel in her face.

"I can still bomb your little friends you know." Aeri threatened.

Jennie didn't take the bait, rolling her eyes at her mother.

"If you actually bomb them I certainly wouldn't tell you anything. Your leverage would be gone and you know it. Not that I'll help you now anyway." Jennie said adamantly.

Aeri lost her patience again. "Bring me the sat phone! I'm calling that air strike!" She shouted at her security agent she kept near her at all times. He'd been by her side for almost two decades now.