I'm Coming Baby

Lisa woke up half naked, covered in blood, starving, and in the enemy's base but at least she was alive still. By some miracle no one had discovered her yet. She saw the body she just killed an almost spat on it.

"For the first time in my life, I hope hell actually exists. I hope you're there right now. I hope you're suffering just how you made everyone else suffer."

Lisa looked up to the sky then.

"God, if you're real, punish this bastard. Hurt him just how he hurt my Jennie." She kicked his dead body one last time before leaving.

Revenge was sweet but she needed to get to Jennie. She had to keep her promise. She already missed her so much.

Lisa moved as quickly as she could. She noticed there was no one around and she thanked the universe for small mercies but that probably only meant this whole thing would be even more dangerous anyway. Someone took the base down and there's no telling what would happen next. She had to be fast or she might get bombed again. She hadn't heard fighter planes yet but they could be coming any moment to get the rest of the base. So far it looked like the only building that had been completely leveled was the lab.

Lisa was a little too disoriented to calculate how long ago the explosion happened. She was usually better than this but the lack of food and the exhaustion was taking a toll on her thought processes. Lisa at least knew it hadn't been an aerial bombing, not by the way the explosion sounded. Which meant they could come blow the rest of the place up any second now. The lab had probably been leveled by civilians, maybe to steal supplies and the Korean army had no mercy when they fought back. They would probably send planes to take everyone down including their own.

She slowly made her way through the base. She couldn't go any faster even though she tried. There were dead bodies everywhere. She armed herself as soon as she found a body that still had a gun with live ammo. Lisa kept having to fight against her own body, it wanted to pass out again. It was too exhausted, too hungry.

The only thing that kept her going was Jennie. She kept chanting her name under her breath like a prayer as she moved, trying too be as alert as it was physically possible for her.

The whole base was pretty much destroyed. There had obviously been a heavy battle here and it worried Lisa because their camp had been so close and there could have been a high chance that they didn't make it out. If the girls didn't make it out, if Jennie was captured Lisa didn't know what she would do. The thought of them getting caught made her feel sick. 

Even though she had just killed Jennie's father, she still could have been under his clutches. She could be suffering right now because any other number of things could have happened while Lisa was captured. She needed to find her. Lisa went faster, fueled by her thoughts.

Jennie kept saving Lisa's life like she always does. She saved her life again and again. Lisa ran into soldiers and the only reason she was able to shoot them down first despite the black spots trying to overtake her and the fact she was close to collapsing was because of her guardian angel. She thought of Jennie as she fought and she just couldn't give up.

"You're always saving my life baby." Lisa mumbled when she shot three soldiers down in a row. That one had been a close call because Lisa's reflexes weren't all there anymore, she was too weak right now but she had Jennie on her mind and managed to do it anyway. She had to find her again and that thought gave her a strength her body didn't really possess.

Lisa kept going. Fighting her way out of the base. Luckily, she hadn't had to do hand to hand combat.  She shot everyone on sight because she was way too weak to be able to overtake anybody right now, despite her fighting skills.