Chapter 17

Vivian Pov

My kids are coming home today and I'm thrilled. It's been one eventful week filled with drama, emotional distress and heartache.

It's been four days since Mia and Adrian fiasco and Mia has been calling me non stop to check how I'm doing, I've told her several times that I'm fine but for reason she doesn't believe me.

I'm currently sitting on the bed fidgeting. If not for the injury on my feet I would have been pacing nervously.

I asked Adrian if I can come with him to go pick up our kids, guess what he said...

No.

Typical Adrian.

"Sir?" I called out.

He did not even look up from where he was standing to answer me.

"No."

What??

"Sir, I did not even say anything." I complained.

"The answer is no." He stated.

"You don't even know what I want to say." I whined.

"I know what you want to say and the answer is no."

"What if I wanted to tell you that you skipped a button on your shirt?"

He looked at his shirt and truly he skipped a button.

Ha! I did not even know that, I just said it out of the blue.

"Well, thank you." He replied.

"Sir, please can I come with you?" I begged.

"No Vivian, no."

"But why?"

"What do you mean why? Can't you see that you're hurt?"

No I can't see, show me. I muttered in my head sarcastically.

"Sir, I'm going to be sitting in the car. I won't come out." I reasoned.

"The answer is still no, don't push it. I'm in a good mood this morning don't ruin it for me. I don't want to shout at you today, I want peace. So please stop pestering me for your own good."

But I don't want peace this morning, I want violence.

Okay, maybe I'm kidding but still.

Why can't he get it? I'm sick and tired of staying in this house all alone. If not for Ben the hulk and Mia I would have died.

Literally speaking.

I had anxiety which led to me having anger issues and getting myself injured all because of him. Did he know the kind of emotional distress he put me through?

If it is easy to stay at home with no form of human communication then let him try it and see how fantastic it is.

When I pleaded with him to let me work he got angry and shouted at me.

If I tell him to forfeit his company and stay at home he won't even be able to survive it so what makes him think I can.

"Viv." He called out to me probably noticing the sadness written all over my face. I refused to look at him.

"Vivian." He called this time more forcefully. I internally held the urge to glare at him.

"Yes."

He chuckled. I don't think I succeeded in not glaring at him.

"My little trouble maker."

"Don't worry I won't stay long. I will bring them home safe and sound okay?"